All things ZMF!
May 23, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #76 of 127
I can concur. My MK III sounds pretty sweet with Caldera and Verite. The Atriums sounds wonderful on the Decware preamp chain as well!

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #77 of 127
I would like opinions on your favorite ZMF headphone for classical music and why.
I'm thinking about getting back into tube amplification for this so if you have an amplifier recommendation along with the ZMF headphone, that would be fantastic.
Thank you.
I’ve only owned the Aeolus and Atrium Open, but when I first heard the strings in a full symphony play on the Atriums, it was a transcendental experience. Sonorous was the term someone else here used to describe it, which fits well IMO.

May 24, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #78 of 127
It's a mkiii. Very, very good. I was surprised honestly how good it was. Seems best with Atrium closed, Caldera, and Atticus so far. But more testing needs to be done. I am looking to pair this with a ZMF decware when they get them back in stock and use the zmf one as a preamp. I've heard that is the best.
I've certainly found the pairing (with the right tubes) to be the best for me.

May 24, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #79 of 127
I've certainly found the pairing (with the right tubes) to be the best for me.
Whats tubes are you using? I ordered a few rcas from ebay.

May 24, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #80 of 127
Whats tubes are you using? I ordered a few rcas from ebay.
I'm about to do a post soon on my tube journey using the MK IV with the ZMF OTL as a preamp. I hope to get around to posting it tomorrow.

May 25, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #81 of 127
1000026962.jpg

After reading this I want a ZMF decware so bad 😂

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #86 of 127
How difficult is it to buy a pair of stabilized resin's?
I've been laying eyes on the LTD Zebrawood's a while now, but some of those wood and resin mixed ZMFs are outstanding beautiful.
But is it even possible to buy them in the online shop if there is a current run or only at conventions due to them being rare and limited?

May 28, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #87 of 127
How difficult is it to buy a pair of stabilized resin's?
I've been laying eyes on the LTD Zebrawood's a while now, but some of those wood and resin mixed ZMFs are outstanding beautiful.
But is it even possible to buy them in the online shop if there is a current run or only at conventions due to them being rare and limited?

Perfectly possible to buy them online, that's where 99% of them are sold (to my understanding).

You just need to be ready right as they drop with credit card in hand to check out, since a bunch of them will be gone within 5-10 minutes.

May 29, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #88 of 127
very nice, thank you :) gotta try my luck then when the next drop comes!

May 29, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #89 of 127
Just stumbled upon this thread this morning. After reading all of your comments, you all have got me super hyped for when my first pair of ZMF headphones arriving sometime next month. I jumped straight to the Atrium Open 2024 LTD with 3 sets of pads to swap between. As I do not have a tube amp as of yet, I will be driving them with my Mjolnir 3 paired with a BF 2/64 for now. I will be picking up a Yggdrasil next year, and a tube amp in the $3k range the following year. As I am still undecided on which tube amp to get, and 2026 being a little ways off we shall see what becomes available in that time. As a side note, I also picked up a Corpse Cable to pair with the Atrium (2K copper cable in the future maybe?).

May 29, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #90 of 127
Just stumbled upon this thread this morning. After reading all of your comments, you all have got me super hyped for when my first pair of ZMF headphones arriving sometime next month. I jumped straight to the Atrium Open 2024 LTD with 3 sets of pads to swap between. As I do not have a tube amp as of yet, I will be driving them with my Mjolnir 3 paired with a BF 2/64 for now. I will be picking up a Yggdrasil next year, and a tube amp in the $3k range the following year. As I am still undecided on which tube amp to get, and 2026 being a little ways off we shall see what becomes available in that time. As a side note, I also picked up a Corpse Cable to pair with the Atrium (2K copper cable in the future maybe?).
Congratulations.

Personally I’d look at doing a tube amp before the Yggy since you already have the Bifrost, and certainly before spending big money on different cables.

There are some Yggy OG A2s showing up in the classifieds for good prices though (that’s where I got mine).

The new ZMF Aegis seems to be a great tube amp match for any ZMF headphone. I’m considering one myself by my Folkvangr also does a beautiful job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back