ALL OF YOU ARE INSANE
Mar 13, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #31 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wait until you've been here awhile. At first, a few hundred is east to swallow. When a couple thousand begins to sound reasonable, you'll know you're in too deep. But this place is a terrific support group.
wink.gif

What kind of amp are you looking for? Just IEMs, or are the full-sized headphones looking interesting yet? If you like the e2cs, just wait until you hear the rest!

Be sure to consider tubes - they sound amazing and they're a lot of fun, too.

Horrible support group, more like. Enablers, every one of you
tongue.gif

I initially thought the amounts people here spend on equipment were nuts, (well... I still have trouble seeing myself plunking down $2500 for a pair of headphones, even after college when I have a reasonable job). However, I've put close to $600 into equipment since I started here, and I'm no where near done... and I'm glad I did get started.

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #32 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wait until you've been here awhile. At first, a few hundred is east to swallow. When a couple thousand begins to sound reasonable, you'll know you're in too deep. But this place is a terrific support group.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

After $5000 you start to consider a third set, propably balanced
rolleyes.gif

It's been a fun 9 months tough
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not all of us are insane! Some of us are rather frugal.
biggrin.gif

Yeh, right. Mr Ariel Atom who is buying, or thinking of buying, the massive mobile couch to drive around the states. Nothing insane at all. Absolutely frugal!
biggrin.gif

cheers
Simon

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #35 of 75
I am not insane. Only addicted. There's a difference. But who knows after a couple of hundred more posts
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #36 of 75
It's kind of personal with me, never did I once make a head-fi purchase that I regret. Oh, and I've made a lot-don't think I'm going to do the math(lol). It all washes away when I'm enveloped in therapeutic audio bliss....It is therapy for the soul.

A wise man who's name escapes me put it best when he said, "at the end of the day, music washes the dust from one's soul".

I guess everyone has a hobby and I owe no one an apology and I will never rationalize or feel the need to prove to anyone the why.

more words of wisdom from a wise head-fier:
"you gotta pay to play"

ain't it the truth....and...remember...you'll never know what you're missing....and I'm not a salesman.

Welcome to our folds and may your journey bring you much joy.

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #37 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegender03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..... ALL OF YOU ARE INSANE about headphones/amps, spending almost thousands of dollars, and fretting over the tiniest of minute details in sound reproduction....

I was insane long before I found this forum, I can assure you.
Just look at my avatar, understand.

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #38 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegender03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are all very helpful, I'm heeding all your suggestions.

Then why are you still here?
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #41 of 75
I was already a hi-fi nut, but there's no way I can afford the systems I've heard that have blown me away. Easier and cheaper to do it with head-fi.

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #43 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was already a hi-fi nut, but there's no way I can afford the systems I've heard that have blown me away. Easier and cheaper to do it with head-fi.

+1

You want batpoop crazy, try the speaker guys on audiocircle etc. Bring money!

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #44 of 75
Quote:

x2

Not just financially. Having a kick @$$ hi-fi setup in a small apartment is completely pointless. Unless you have extremely friendly or partially deaf neighbors.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #45 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm perfectly sane. It's everyone else who's crazy. Surely.

Yeah. It's not like it's abnormal to wanting to buy $150 earbuds. I mean they are just earbuds..aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back