ALL OF YOU ARE INSANE
Mar 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #46 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

Not just financially. Having a kick @$$ hi-fi setup in a small apartment is completely pointless. Unless you have extremely friendly or partially deaf neighbors.

exactly! i have extremely "friendly" neighbors, so that pushed me further and further into head-fi world. and since that, i've thrown out all calculators in the house
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #47 of 75
WOW! Thats some way to make an entry into Head-Fi..
Come here calling us names (that we are all insane). Shouting (uppercase text) as well.

Thank you!

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #48 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

Not just financially. Having a kick @$$ hi-fi setup in a small apartment is completely pointless. Unless you have extremely friendly or partially deaf neighbors.

I agree...I love speakers but every time I use them, I end up with notice in the under my door complaining about noise levels...

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #49 of 75
For 600 bucks you can get a pretty darn good set up. In regular audio that won't even buy a decent set of speaker cables. I'm tired of blowing thousands (35K invested so far in main sys ) for minute increments of improvement. Find the sweet spot (gear wise )within your budget, stick to it and the rewards are far greater in this hobby per dollar spent IMO. DarkVoice and Little Dot (tube amps)are good starters for bang for buck value. I was in this very same boat as you about a month ago. The members here are very helpful and have gotten me off on the right foot towards a reasonable costing great sounding set up !!!

My used HD650's just arrived ........damn brokerage fee....

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #50 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW! Thats some way to make an entry into Head-Fi..
Come here calling us names (that we are all insane). Shouting (uppercase text) as well.

Thank you!

i think he really made an impression. this thread has lots of posts!
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #51 of 75
Head-fi would be a great resource for those studying capitalism, consumerism, brand worship and group mentality
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #52 of 75
Lol what got me into headphones was watching Dazed and Confused, where near the end of the movie the teen comes home in the morning after partying and slips on those huge headphones where Slow Ride - Foghat starts playing
smily_headphones1.gif
. I wanted that!! I love sixties rock.
cool.gif

And after thinking about it for a while, if I can spend $2,000 on a guitar I think I could spend something similar to hear music. Or maybe all of you are subconsciously turning me into one of you
eek.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #54 of 75
[size=small][size=x-small]"230- 230 all the time"[/size]
YouTube - Greek Audiophile

[size=x-small]"crazy are those who spend all of their money on a Mercedes"[/size]
[/size]

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #55 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exactly! i have extremely "friendly" neighbors, so that pushed me further and further into head-fi world. and since that, i've thrown out all calculators in the house
biggrin.gif

x1

Calculator?!?!? What's that? I've gone as far as losing my basic mathematic skills when it come to upgratitus . . . zeros are zeros, who cares if they're in front or behind the decimal point.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #56 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever anybody tells me I'm nuts for spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on headphones, amps, cables, etc, I just tell them to look at the thousands people spend on HDTV, surround sound and multi-thousand dollar speaker system which all sound like crap compared to a nice set of headphones

When my boss looked at me as I was nuts when I told him I bought a 150 euro pair of headphones, I asked him how much he spent on his last camera lens and shut him up... I don't know why the general consensus outside of this forum is that it's ok to spend a few thousand on a camera, or a few tens of thousands on a car, but spending a few hundred on audio gear is a sure sign of an obsessed personality...

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #58 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegender03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol I'm only half serious about the insane part guys. My E2c's were deliciously chewed by my chihuahua
frown.gif
, so I wanna get some new headphones and I'm just doin some research.

Maybe you'd be better suited to chihuahua-fi.org?
BTW, I'm only half serious when I say that.

Mar 14, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #59 of 75
Having passion about something is a fine attribute to have. These people who snicker when you tell them the price of your gear generally have no hobbies at all in life and no real interests to talk about. And no, watching sport on TV does not count as a passion or hobbie or interest. How can anybody make fun of somebody trying to get closer to their music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back