Alison Krauss Union Station fans
Jun 5, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #47 of 52
I've only just got AKUS - Paper Airplanes as I've been on vacation/extremely busy. Excellent as usual!

Also picked up a copy of The Wailin' Jennys - Bright Morning Stars because of recommendations here - I look forward to listening to it sometime soon.

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #48 of 52
I finally got around to picking up a cd copy of the greencard's weather and water. Thanks again for the excellent recommendation slylab!
The music is delightful and the album unexpectedly well recorded. I'll definitely be looking for an excuse to indulge myself in a copy of fascination as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #49 of 52

Quote:
I finally got around to picking up a cd copy of the greencard's weather and water. Thanks again for the excellent recommendation slylab!
The music is delightful and the album unexpectedly well recorded. I'll definitely be looking for an excuse to indulge myself in a copy of fascination as well.

Very cool!  Glad you like it - I really dig those guys :)

Here's another recommendation for you AK fans...Sierra Hull's Daybreak.  She is young, and clearly heavily influenced by Alison.  Plays a mean mandolin, nice if not super-compelling songwriter, and good if not great singer.  Very AKUS sound, and great recording.

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #50 of 52

Quote:
Very cool!  Glad you like it - I really dig those guys :)

Here's another recommendation for you AK fans...Sierra Hull's Daybreak.  She is young, and clearly heavily influenced by Alison.  Plays a mean mandolin, nice if not super-compelling songwriter, and good if not great singer.  Very AKUS sound, and great recording.

Hey thanks. I'll look into Sierra Hull. Have you heard Sarah Jarosz's Follow Me Down? She's very good IMO...20 years old.

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #52 of 52

Quote:
Hey thanks. I'll look into Sierra Hull. Have you heard Sarah Jarosz's Follow Me Down? She's very good IMO...20 years old.

I will check that out - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back