Aliexpress Cables
Nov 6, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #1,623 of 4,401
Got my my second flux-50. I tried to open it but stripped one of the two screws. So this will wait.

Since it extends my cable's length by one 30cm, it allowed swapping in an odin2 (odin1 out) on the master clock.

I don't know if it is the odin2 or the flux50 or both but clarity and smoothness improved slightly.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #1,624 of 4,401
Just wanted to post a follow up... I bought these speakers cables from store Audio Accessary... they were originally listed with gold plated Viborg bananas, but I talked to the store chat and they happily built them with the rhodium plated bananas at my request. The cable itself is 'solid silver' , not plated.

After break in these cables have been everything I was hoping they would. I'm now selling my $1200 pair of reference speaker cables.

They are very detailed, open, fast, and yet smooth. I really like the Viborg products as a whole, I've been replacing some of my tube amps with the RCA connectors and speaker binding posts.... I previously used KLE connectors, but these Viborgs are now my new fav....

Great find……, and while I’m aware most here are headphone users | I to use a traditional 2 channel setup | and have a pair of the Chinese NordOst Valhalla SCs, as well as 2 pairs of pure silver ones | in which I’ve installed say gold plated copper banana plugs on the amp ends on all 3 pairs | and both silver plated copper | red copper on the speaker side of these,…., which in a sense is ex the type of signature I was going after. As I’m well aware no one shoe size fits all | playing around with different plating types has proven to be very effective to say the least.
1667759761332.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #1,625 of 4,401
Got my my second flux-50. I tried to open it but stripped one of the two screws. So this will wait.

Since it extends my cable's length by one 30cm, it allowed swapping in an odin2 (odin1 out) on the master clock.

I don't know if it is the odin2 or the flux50 or both but clarity and smoothness improved slightly.
Might save you some time on the iec end. I opened it up and its just regular stranded copper wire with some pet or ptfe dielectric and pvc with a copper braided shield.

The thick end has the curiosities inside or perhaps its also the same on that end.

No idea what makes this thing tick but it has a strong effect. Take pics if you take it apart. I'd like to coat that end with nano liquid as well but I couldn't figure out how to take it apart.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #1,626 of 4,401
Might save you some time on the iec end. I opened it up and its just regular stranded copper wire with some pet or ptfe dielectric and pvc with a copper braided shield.

The thick end has the curiosities inside or perhaps its also the same on that end.

No idea what makes this thing tick but it has a strong effect. Take pics if you take it apart. I'd like to coat that end with nano liquid as well but I couldn't figure out how to take it apart.
How much did you pay? They is quite a big price variation. I would think they are not all the same. The thick end could indeed have a filtering effect. Anyway, something made the sound here better, that's all that matters.

Nov 6, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #1,627 of 4,401
How much did you pay? They is quite a big price variation. I would think they are not all the same. The thick end could indeed have a filtering effect. Anyway, something made the sound here better, that's all that matters.
I got it for $34. I think they made a pricing mistake because they raised it immediately after I bought it.

Nov 6, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #1,630 of 4,401
I ordered one of these AC cables, curious how the regular AC cable sounds since it's (purportedly) the same material as with the Flux-50 inline power filter. I'm not sure if all Flux-50 knockoffs are equal though, mine both being from Moonsaudio store and for me I heard improvements in all areas including soundstage, layering, separation and bass texture/definition to name a few. Do notice though they have an option for "bulk wire" which would be without a connection.

I'm puzzled though is this cable shielded? It seems there is a 4th wire on the outside and some sort of nylon or carbon, not sure.
The main thing is to enjoy and not feel fooled. This wire has a screen but it is not connected on both sides.
Wires running close together in parallel always affect the depth of the scene volume in a negative direction. This applies to power, and acoustic wires

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,631 of 4,401
Just wanted to post a follow up... I bought these speakers cables from store Audio Accessary... they were originally listed with gold plated Viborg bananas, but I talked to the store chat and they happily built them with the rhodium plated bananas at my request. The cable itself is 'solid silver' , not plated.

After break in these cables have been everything I was hoping they would. I'm now selling my $1200 pair of reference speaker cables.

They are very detailed, open, fast, and yet smooth. I really like the Viborg products as a whole, I've been replacing some of my tube amps with the RCA connectors and speaker binding posts.... I previously used KLE connectors, but these Viborgs are now my new fav....

Thanks for the wire recommendation. I need wires of different sections for each speaker woofer, midrange, tweeter. separately for internal wiring in the speakers

Nov 6, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #1,632 of 4,401
Thanks for the wire recommendation. I need wires of different sections for each speaker woofer, midrange, tweeter. separately for internal wiring in the speakers
If you like solid silver : 3256804215843387 3256802079133365 3256801840926381

Silver plated: 3256801282806402 3256803825179278

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #1,634 of 4,401
Lol! I was hoping I wasn't stuck with this sound....lol.lol.lol

Thanks!!
It depends on the solder. If it has lead in it, it doesn't take long but something like mundorf supreme takes a long time to burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back