Aliexpress Cables
Nov 4, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #1,606 of 4,456
I will check out these cables , Thanks
You’re more than welcome | know that said cords are used on two different integrated amps $3.700 one‘s a hybrid called the Pathos Acoustics Classic Model One MK lll, while the other is a Naim Nait XS3, as well a $5.600 Naim Audio SuperNait 3, and being that both are 10AWG gave me the best bass reproduction and silence between | around notes I’ve had to date.

My latest isolation footers discovery | loving them as placed underneath said SN3, these are the Oyaide INS-BS ( bases ) | INS-CFX ( hybrid carbon fiber isolators ).

Have a good one | be well | stay safe.
1667606420927.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #1,607 of 4,456
You’re more than welcome | know that said cords are used on two different integrated amps $3.700 one‘s a hybrid called the Pathos Acoustics Classic Model One MK lll, while the other is a Naim Nait XS3, as well a $5.600 Naim Audio SuperNait 3, and being that both are 10AWG gave me the best bass reproduction and silence between | around notes I’ve had to date.

My latest isolation footers discovery | loving them as placed underneath said SN3, these are the Oyaide INS-BS ( bases ) | INS-CFX ( hybrid carbon fiber isolators ).

Have a good one | be well | stay safe.
I found these to be excellent quality and very good for the price…

Capture_2022_11_04_20_51_18_897.png

Item# 3256803029524750

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #1,608 of 4,456
I found these to be excellent quality and very good for the price…

Item# 3256803029524750
I had a set of those…….., I didn’t know they were so huge, as most of my gear is viewed upon as sleeker built, I sold them to a buddy of mine that owns vintage tube amplification.

Said quest ends he….., as I’ve finally found different ones which ideally bring the best out of each component. The only ones not in the photo are a set if Ingress Engineering ball bearing based designs using stainless steel balls | which I replaced with 1 tungsten carbide ball bearing | 2 silicone nitrate bearings these are placed under my Aurender server.
1667611105712.jpeg

1667611061946.jpeg

Attachments

• 1667610852883.jpeg
    1667610852883.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #1,611 of 4,456
Now I'm stuffing a shopping cart on Aliexpress.
Does anyone have experience or information on which cable is super for replacing the internal wiring of 3 way speakers?
Preferably silver plated Lo Mein cables ali

Thanks for help
Paging @cdacosta ...

Nov 5, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #1,612 of 4,456
For internal wiring I would stick with what I know. Depending on budget there are several excellent choices. I would need to know a lot more about budget, the speaker design and voicing.

What one can do is call Sonic Craft, these guys know a lot about this topic. They also do or did a lot of work for Wilson and other speaker manufacturers. They did a great job helping me design exterior cross overs for me in the past.

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #1,613 of 4,456
Since I had to buy earless backstrap duplexes for the powervar plc, I have these extra duplexes that I bought off ali and thought to replace the duplex in my living room that my router plugs into.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2gqqZGs&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

This is a steal for this price btw, I bought it for $20 a few months ago.

It is pretty crazy that this offers an improvement in the sound. Youtube and netflix picture and color quality looks improved, streaming audio is also improved. The increase in bass is the most significant change but it seems to have improved in alot of areas. Even on my pc that is connected wirelessly in another room where all my gear is connected is sounding better.

Not sure why that has such a huge effect. Must be alot of noise being injected into the wireless signal or power stream?

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,614 of 4,456
Since I had to buy earless backstrap duplexes for the powervar plc, I have these extra duplexes that I bought off ali and thought to replace the duplex in my living room that my router plugs into.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2gqqZGs&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

This is a steal for this price btw, I bought it for $20 a few months ago.

It is pretty crazy that this offers an improvement in the sound. Youtube and netflix picture and color quality looks improved, streaming audio is also improved. The increase in bass is the most significant change but it seems to have improved in alot of areas. Even on my pc that is connected wirelessly in another room where all my gear is connected is sounding better.

Not sure why that has such a huge effect. Must be alot of noise being injected into the wireless signal or power stream?
Oh yeah, huge improvement since I replaced switching adapters with LPS and iFi iPower X on my router/modem… I only stream oversampled DI.FM, but it is so good now … Also for my router/modem : Purchased small 250 W isolator off e-bay for $108, replaced that cheap outlet with high quality earless monosaudio receptacle , applied the nano...

Also much much better picture quality when TV/ player connected via the Isolator ...

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #1,615 of 4,456
For internal wiring I would stick with what I know. Depending on budget there are several excellent choices. I would need to know a lot more about budget, the speaker design and voicing.

What one can do is call Sonic Craft, these guys know a lot about this topic. They also do or did a lot of work for Wilson and other speaker manufacturers. They did a great job helping me design exterior cross overs for me in the past.
My system.
Active Speakers BRAUN LV1020 with built-in active crossovers and 3 power amplifiers for each speaker .
The sound is open, realistic, full of presence and naturalness. excellent instrument separation, excellent dynamics and stereo presentation. The three-dimensional and photographic nature of the scene is not fully developed, but the sound is not tied to the speakers.
There is absolutely no compression, conciseness that I heard on super expensive KEF equipment start from $20k

The speakers are not super detailed or fast sounding but have a natural musicality and presentation of the instruments.
I would call these far-field speakers. There is a small hump around 150 hertz, perhaps this is the room.
Woofer: 17Hz resonant frequency. 12" diameter . EQ cutoff frequency 220Hz 12db .
MF speaker with a huge magnet 6" ,
IMG_7261 copy.jpg
IMG_7262 copy.jpg

cut off frequency 320 6000 Hz. 12db

All this plays with Mac Mini Jriver via USB on Antipope Zodiac DAC, and via RCA on active speakers BRAUN

I have made some modifications to the amplifier such as selection of transistors, replacement of electrolytic capacitors and others.

The power supply of the amplifier is a simple diode bridge and a 10KuF capacitor. The class AB power amplifier circuit is also vintage, so there are no difficulties in it, everything that came as a signal and power came out, there are not many schematic piles that are chasing the quality of the sinusoidal on the oscilloscope
as in more modern AMPS

This active speaker can reproduce any sound and very accurately shows any changes that are made to the system, whether it's wires or replacing a single transistor.

Odin 2 power cable proved to be excellent in my system today, openness, detail, dynamics thanks to a smart and wise structure with minimal contact with the dielectric wire, so I'm thinking of picking up silver-plated wires of different sections and structure for internal speaker wiring for each speaker. I would appreciate your help if you have any ideas in this direction

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #1,616 of 4,456
I ordered one of these AC cables, curious how the regular AC cable sounds since it's (purportedly) the same material as with the Flux-50 inline power filter. I'm not sure if all Flux-50 knockoffs are equal though, mine both being from Moonsaudio store and for me I heard improvements in all areas including soundstage, layering, separation and bass texture/definition to name a few. Do notice though they have an option for "bulk wire" which would be without a connection.

I'm puzzled though is this cable shielded? It seems there is a 4th wire on the outside and some sort of nylon or carbon, not sure.

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #1,617 of 4,456
Just wanted to post a follow up... I bought these speakers cables from store Audio Accessary... they were originally listed with gold plated Viborg bananas, but I talked to the store chat and they happily built them with the rhodium plated bananas at my request. The cable itself is 'solid silver' , not plated.

After break in these cables have been everything I was hoping they would. I'm now selling my $1200 pair of reference speaker cables.

They are very detailed, open, fast, and yet smooth. I really like the Viborg products as a whole, I've been replacing some of my tube amps with the RCA connectors and speaker binding posts.... I previously used KLE connectors, but these Viborgs are now my new fav....

CleanShot 2022-11-05 at 16.54.29.png

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #1,618 of 4,456
I ordered one of these AC cables, curious how the regular AC cable sounds since it's (purportedly) the same material as with the Flux-50 inline power filter. I'm not sure if all Flux-50 knockoffs are equal though, mine both being from Moonsaudio store and for me I heard improvements in all areas including soundstage, layering, separation and bass texture/definition to name a few. Do notice though they have an option for "bulk wire" which would be without a connection.

I'm puzzled though is this cable shielded? It seems there is a 4th wire on the outside and some sort of nylon or carbon, not sure.
I would assume they are not all the same. Got both of mine from AudioConnectorStore. The loose parts inside could very well be a filter.

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #1,619 of 4,456
Just wanted to post a follow up... I bought these speakers cables from store Audio Accessary... they were originally listed with gold plated Viborg bananas, but I talked to the store chat and they happily built them with the rhodium plated bananas at my request. The cable itself is 'solid silver' , not plated.

After break in these cables have been everything I was hoping they would. I'm now selling my $1200 pair of reference speaker cables.

They are very detailed, open, fast, and yet smooth. I really like the Viborg products as a whole, I've been replacing some of my tube amps with the RCA connectors and speaker binding posts.... I previously used KLE connectors, but these Viborgs are now my new fav....

CleanShot 2022-11-05 at 16.54.29.png
Do you have a link to that item on ali?

I'm wondering if they can make a headphone cable like that, I'm interested in stuffing as many cores as a 3.5mm plug will fit.

Nov 5, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #1,620 of 4,456
My system.
Active Speakers BRAUN LV1020 with built-in active crossovers and 3 power amplifiers for each speaker .
The sound is open, realistic, full of presence and naturalness. excellent instrument separation, excellent dynamics and stereo presentation. The three-dimensional and photographic nature of the scene is not fully developed, but the sound is not tied to the speakers.
There is absolutely no compression, conciseness that I heard on super expensive KEF equipment start from $20k

The speakers are not super detailed or fast sounding but have a natural musicality and presentation of the instruments.
I would call these far-field speakers. There is a small hump around 150 hertz, perhaps this is the room.
Woofer: 17Hz resonant frequency. 12" diameter . EQ cutoff frequency 220Hz 12db .
MF speaker with a huge magnet 6" , IMG_7261 copy.jpgIMG_7262 copy.jpg

cut off frequency 320 6000 Hz. 12db

All this plays with Mac Mini Jriver via USB on Antipope Zodiac DAC, and via RCA on active speakers BRAUN

I have made some modifications to the amplifier such as selection of transistors, replacement of electrolytic capacitors and others.

The power supply of the amplifier is a simple diode bridge and a 10KuF capacitor. The class AB power amplifier circuit is also vintage, so there are no difficulties in it, everything that came as a signal and power came out, there are not many schematic piles that are chasing the quality of the sinusoidal on the oscilloscope
as in more modern AMPS

This active speaker can reproduce any sound and very accurately shows any changes that are made to the system, whether it's wires or replacing a single transistor.

Odin 2 power cable proved to be excellent in my system today, openness, detail, dynamics thanks to a smart and wise structure with minimal contact with the dielectric wire, so I'm thinking of picking up silver-plated wires of different sections and structure for internal speaker wiring for each speaker. I would appreciate your help if you have any ideas in this direction
You seem to love what you hear now. Impossible to feel good to recommend wiring when I would have no clue as to what you are trying to accomplish by changing the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back