Aliexpress Cables
May 20, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #4,396 of 4,426
So i just finished my power distribution unit
Did you modify an existing one or DIY "from scratch"?

There are some interesting threads on the Lejonklou forums, regarding AC cables and power distributors:

More About Powering a System
Cheap power strips for best sound.

One should be aware, that these guys listen a bit differently to their system than most of us. They go less for the "HiFi Effect" and more for the flow, the musicality in a system. They call their method of listening "TuneDem". Seems to be a Linn invention.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #4,397 of 4,426
May 20, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #4,399 of 4,426
next step in my hifi overhaul will be a nice power cord to the power distribution.... do you guys have some recommendations for nice plugs? ( i need schuko and iec )

fairly happy with the furutech "fakes", should i just go with furutech ones? https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006354210899.html

the furutech ones also have quite good looking strain relief, which is a major flaw with most plugs (specially also the oyaide style ones) imo

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #4,400 of 4,426
May 25, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #4,404 of 4,426
High quality products don't need to counterfeit someone else's brand, which is why I buy Xanesane & Grey Knight branded cables in China.
honestly i have kind of the same mindset, you forgot yo mention ATAudio :)

May 25, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #4,405 of 4,426
Wow if that doesn’t make you appear to be a rep I don’t know what would….
And I have a full loom of Xangsane ICs.
Lol i was thinking the same.

The big brands have nothing to fear, they're not losing any business to the counterfeits on alix.

Not quite the same market segment haha.

May 26, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #4,408 of 4,426
i dont know if he is a sales rep, he comes from china but is that hint enough?

imo i trust more the OCC claims and what not from chinese legit companys like ataudio, grey knight, xangsane than from the fake manufactures, i think its a pretty clear case but maybe its just me

May 26, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #4,409 of 4,426
i dont know if he is a sales rep, he comes from china but is that hint enough?

imo i trust more the OCC claims and what not from chinese legit companys like ataudio, grey knight, xangsane than from the fake manufactures, i think its a pretty clear case but maybe its just me
I’d love to know how a company like Xangsane works. I wonder if they even employ engineers, or it’s just a company that sources products, probably both. I think of a company like Viborg actually developing most of their stuff, no idea about Xangsane, Grey Knight, etc. Either way, whoever is designing some of this stuff is doing a very good job!

May 26, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #4,410 of 4,426
I’d love to know how a company like Xangsane works. I wonder if they even employ engineers, or it’s just a company that sources products, probably both. I think of a company like Viborg actually developing most of their stuff, no idea about Xangsane, Grey Knight, etc. Either way, whoever is designing some of this stuff is doing a very good job!
i think most of it is just about good construction

take for example this, i used in my power distribution -> https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006171634751.html

there is not much you can vary here... but when the OCC claim is true this seems like a good design imo

i personally think these companys work with other cable manufactures that make the cables to their specifications (or maybe some have their own machines?), then its about construction... so far i had good expierences with copper shields, teflon, cotton, occ copper :) i also tested these recently: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/bala...l-modulation-cable-occ-ptfe-o79mm-p-5429.html ... very nice upgrade above sommercables :)

but yes, i definitely think construction designs can be tweaked, i also (kinda) believe some of these chinese manfucators just produce a lot of stuff and see what sticks.... good example was/is some power cables i found with some OCC strands and some OFC strands... imo not worth trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back