Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Mar 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #2,717 of 3,117
Just got my MS-1i's in the mail yesterday, ordered with paypal a week ago in Canada, no email confirmations and was just wondering if I should give them a call. No duty or anything, just showed up at the door.

As my first headphone a few things stood out:
1. I think the comfort issue is way overblown. I guess I wouldn't describe them as super comfortable, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to call them uncomfortable either. I've been wearing them for 2.5 hours now and feel like I could easily wear them for another 2.5 hours after this
2. Going from IEMs to headphones is a BIG difference. Holy crap

The only thing that I can think of that is an issue is what I read somewhere in the forums one day about the cups rotating 360 degrees. Probably not going to be an issue, but twisting of the cables could be a long term issue. Overall, way more worth the $110 than the SE210's I have, and its only been a day.

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #2,718 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.toboggan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing that I can think of that is an issue is what I read somewhere in the forums one day about the cups rotating 360 degrees. Probably not going to be an issue, but twisting of the cables could be a long term issue. Overall, way more worth the $110 than the SE210's I have, and its only been a day.

Solvable.

P1010168.jpg

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #2,719 of 3,117
Or just make sure that you take them off and lay them carefully flat after each use. As long as you pick them up with both hands and put them on using the reverse maneuvers, there should be no tangling. Having the screw lock (above) is helpful, but most so at preventing the dowels from adjusting up and down. Plus, they prevent the 'phones from lying flat. So, unless they are meant to be hanged, you may run into problems storing them after use.

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #2,721 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having the screw lock (above) is helpful, but most so at preventing the dowels from adjusting up and down.

Only if you keep the dowels in their stock round shape. The backwards side of the dowels is to be filed flat, then you can keep a sideways moveabilty of 10° or so, and full vertical moveability.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #2,722 of 3,117
I received my MS1s two weeks ago and they are truly awesome. A lot of detail on these cans.

I just turn down 3dB on the 2.5kHz band from my foobar eq, because certain female voices were a little shrill, but now they are perfect to me
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #2,723 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just turn down 3dB on the 2.5kHz band from my foobar eq, because certain female voices were a little shrill, but now they are perfect to me
wink.gif

Then you should never buy one of the better ATs, these are bad in that respect...
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #2,724 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the benefit of all, I include some of the popular searches for MS-1:

The MS1 Appreciation Thread Newbie on ne5532 amp - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

MS1 for electronica? Using Lavry DA10 XLR balanced out question? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Alessandro Headphones gigabeat s 60gb comments - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
I got my MS-1 aswell: Questions! Suggestions???? (first time buyer) - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Alessandro MS-1 (My first 30 minutes) IC:CD3000 DRIVERS - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Grado sr60&sr80&sr125 vs Alessandro ms1 Best place to get a Hakko 936? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
If I think my MS-1s are too dark, what pads should I get? 1st impressions: AKG K1000 W/Stefan AudioArt Hardwired Cable - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Alessandro MS-1 and ?? apple WWDC 2006 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Sampling my first Grado [well, Alessandro]... what should I expect? Brian Kinney - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Just how uncomfortable is the MS1 (or other Grados)? Little Dot II hiss driving me crazy - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
which pads you prefer to use with MS-1 Problem with GCHA. Need help. - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
It Hath Arrived : Alessandro MS-1 Can I do better then a XP-7 for around $500 or less? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Please fix the links.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #2,727 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by okthxbye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Way to go to make a first impression!

x2. Those are the dandiest links I've yet seen today! (Thanks for the info.)

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #2,728 of 3,117
Whilst the way he said it was rude, the links are broken. Have a look at what threads they actually link to; nothing to do with MS1.

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #2,729 of 3,117
Apologies, didn't mean to be mean or anything. I tried to search the forum to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back