Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Mar 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #2,701 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by T0N9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it just me or does hounddogcorp's customer service suck? i ordered a pair of ms1i last week and i have yet to receive anything back from them.. no order confirmation, no shipping info, no emails, nothing... the lack of professionalism is starting to make me regret ordering a pair.. i really hope they get back to me soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrywild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does suck, I didn't receive anything either. You can email them just to confirm if you want, which is what I did, and they can tell you if/when they are posted. Personally I found the way they replied to my emails quite annoying too. BUT, damn nice headphones so I don't really care anymore!

I've bought MS-1's for a few of my competition winners, however the last pair took over 10 weeks. I emailed them, the winner emailed them and they told him they would send them out at the end of the week. 3 weeks later my competition winner was still waiting and I was made to look like a total fool.

After 2 more weeks and much screaming and shouting, my competition winner got his headphones. They are worth the wait, I wouldn't recommend the lower end Grado's (SR60-225) headphones to anyone in the UK. I recommend these.

Alessandro Customer service sucks, but they are worth the hassle!

As for my MS-1i I got mine from ebay. I couldn't be doing with going through all the CS nonesense. I paid a few pounds over the top, but I got them the next day.

After the much dissapointing time with the SR325i's, I'm now looking at the MS-2's or Ultrasone Pro 900's, but the poor Alessandro CS and the fact that I've been stung buy customs charges twice recently, puts me off the MS-2's a little. I would love to give them a go, but I don't want to go through another 10 weeks of emailing them, asking where my headphones are.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #2,703 of 3,117
I ordered my MS1's directly from Alessandro online, and they showed up 3 days later. I never received any notification or anything after I ordered, so I was flying blind, but there they were 3 days later on my doorstep.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #2,705 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattatat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, so calling them a bunch of times is the best way to go about it then? I tried calling today, but nobody picked up.

same here.. I even emailed.. still nothing..

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #2,706 of 3,117
I ordered my MS1s about two months ago they were delivered in about a week. Living in Vancouver I was worried how long the wait would be but considering the SR-80s at the local shop cost 159.99 I figured I'd give them a go, these things sound awesome. I listen to mostly rock and all the sub-genres in rock and the MS1 sounds great Zeppelin has never sounded so good. Even with newer stuff like the Melvins or Mastodon these headphones rock. My only complaint is the Grado cord is a bit annoying.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #2,707 of 3,117
Alessandro is infamous for not reacting to mails, especially those "how long will it take" inquiries. No need to worry, I don't know any occurance where things got lost.

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #2,709 of 3,117
hum that's odd i ordered mine then they shipped next day then i emailed them asking how long till they ship got back to me in like 48 hours then for what ever reason usps took a week to deliver them so i asked for tracking then they emailed me again making sure i got the headphones about a week after. guess its kinda random

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #2,710 of 3,117
I ordered mine on monday, no confirmation whatsoever. I paid with Paypal and I'm from the Netherlands, so I hope everything will be okay. I'm gonna try to call them somewhat later today
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #2,711 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Nickchen,
I was just wondering if you've compared the ms1 to the ms1i. Is there any significant difference?

Nope, but I doubt it severely. If a MS1 and a MS1i turn out to sound different, I bet it will be due to quality spreads.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #2,712 of 3,117
Just got off the phone, short call. Friendly guy, he told me they were on a short break and will be processing orders today again. The MS-1i's might have to be backordered, if there's a problem with the order they will contact you. Estimated delivery time will be 1 to 2 weeks.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #2,713 of 3,117
Put my order in last friday night, just got this:
"We have your order. Right now the headphones are on backorder, we expect to have them ready shortly. We will ship as soon as they are ready.
Thank you for your patience.

Alessandro"

Kinda bummed, was hoping to have these before spring break ends so i could take them back up to college. ah, i guess i'll just have to wait it out.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #2,714 of 3,117
Come on, Alessandro is just a very small garage company that is dependent from the delivery of another garage company (Grado) that isn't exactly famous for its structured approach to things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back