Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Feb 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #2,686 of 3,117
I'm planning to buy a set of phones and am pretty confused with the choices...
Ms1i is at the top of my list, but am a little confused with the ATH ES7 too..
my budget is around 100$..are the HD25-1 really worth the extra 65$ they command over the ms1's?

Will be listening to Pink Floyd, steely dan, metallica, judas priest, yngwie malmstein, bob dylan, deep purple, black sabbath, zeppelin, doors, the who, mainly 70s rock
will be driving them off a macbook pro or an Ipod touch, no amps..
any suggestions
Also wil ms1i be a large improvement over the sr60i in the genre i listen too? imp so i can have a look at the 60i then...

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #2,687 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by d3adeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's something with the web site if I use the 1 I have bookmarked they are not there, when I use google to get to the page they are there,

I suspect their web host goes between 2 servers and 1 has them and 1 doesn't

Yep, for some reason in my browser history was saved the "old url" for the headphone page where it doesn't show the improved version. When I went back through the homepage they are there again...

My card was charged yesterday so I assume they'll be shipped soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #2,689 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by rotter2142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm planning to buy a set of phones and am pretty confused with the choices...
Ms1i is at the top of my list, but am a little confused with the ATH ES7 too..
my budget is around 100$..are the HD25-1 really worth the extra 65$ they command over the ms1's?

Will be listening to Pink Floyd, steely dan, metallica, judas priest, yngwie malmstein, bob dylan, deep purple, black sabbath, zeppelin, doors, the who, mainly 70s rock
will be driving them off a macbook pro or an Ipod touch, no amps..
any suggestions
Also wil ms1i be a large improvement over the sr60i in the genre i listen too? imp so i can have a look at the 60i then...

You will likely enjoy the MS-1's more. The Senn's are great cans and will last a long while. Their sound signature, however, is dark and lacking somewhat in detail and openness. Therefore not the best things to throw rock at. The MS-1's, on the other hand, have those lovely forward mid's and plenty of sparkle to bring guitar sounds to the forefront. Less bass though, but enough for most metal, alternative, whathaveyou.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #2,691 of 3,117
Congrat's, mattatat! The MS-1i's are amazing for the $$$. Do go and find yourself some Sennheiser HD414 pads. They go very well with the Alessandros when reverse-quater modded.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #2,693 of 3,117
ms1i.jpg

one for me, one for sis
smile.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #2,694 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you dont need isolation and extreme durability hd 25 1 , think that you should go with ms1.

I think the MS1s are seriously some of the most durable 'phones I've used. I bash them around a lot and the only thing that has happened so far is a broken plug tip, which I easily fixed with my own skills.

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #2,696 of 3,117
Like my MS-1's so much got the MS-2's and like it.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #2,697 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattatat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heishiro, how long did it take for you to get yours?

a local store here have stocks, just 15mins taxi ride
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #2,698 of 3,117
I bought the ms1i but its still time till i actually receive it(1 month)...and my sister too wants it...so it got me thinking abt buying another pair of headphnes for myself, wether if i shuld go for the ms1's or the denon d1001...
I know dat the ms1i's are more suited for my taste of music, but its the isolation/comfort dat worries me...coz the fan is always at full speed in my room and it worries me if the noise from it will be heard in the ms1i as listen music at low volumes...also hw much leakae will be there at arnd 25% volume..

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #2,699 of 3,117
is it just me or does hounddogcorp's customer service suck? i ordered a pair of ms1i last week and i have yet to receive anything back from them.. no order confirmation, no shipping info, no emails, nothing... the lack of professionalism is starting to make me regret ordering a pair.. i really hope they get back to me soon

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #2,700 of 3,117
It does suck, I didn't receive anything either. You can email them just to confirm if you want, which is what I did, and they can tell you if/when they are posted. Personally I found the way they replied to my emails quite annoying too. BUT, damn nice headphones so I don't really care anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back