Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Feb 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #2,671 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're well worth the wait though!

As far as warranty, they use the same warranty as Grado. If there's a problem; just send them with a note explaining the problem right to Grado Labs for repair. They have a legendarily good service reputation.

This quote is from a while ago, but is it still accurate?

I have an issue with my MS-1s, which I suspect requires service - I'm not very technical, so I'm not sure if there's a trivial fix! Frequently, the sound "thins out", and by tapping the cable just above the plug I can get it to come back to "full sound" again; conversely, if the sound is fine, tapping above the plug can make it thin out. I've tried plugging into several sources, so I think there must be an issue with the cable in the area of the plug. Does this sound plausible, and is it something that is best dealt with by sending them in for service?

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #2,672 of 3,117
Grado still has great service. Contact them; you don't have much to lose.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This quote is from a while ago, but is it still accurate?

I have an issue with my MS-1s, which I suspect requires service - I'm not very technical, so I'm not sure if there's a trivial fix! Frequently, the sound "thins out", and by tapping the cable just above the plug I can get it to come back to "full sound" again; conversely, if the sound is fine, tapping above the plug can make it thin out. I've tried plugging into several sources, so I think there must be an issue with the cable in the area of the plug. Does this sound plausible, and is it something that is best dealt with by sending them in for service?

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #2,673 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwoo12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the MS1i back in December and my card was charged on the 11th of January but I still haven't gotten them in the mail yet (been 5 weeks).

I fired off an e-mail to Alessandro 3 days ago but haven't gotten a reply. I'll need to talk to my post office or contact Canada customs when I get back home.

I was just wondering when you guys ordered your phones because I was told they were back ordered, but I was also told that they would ship shortly after the credit card has been charged. I just don't wanna be out $100
frown.gif

When i ordered from alessandro from canada, it was backordered too, and it took approx 2 1/2 months or 3 months till i received them... You could try emailing them, sometimes they reply really fast, sometimes they take a week to reply.

Feb 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #2,674 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPepper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you liking the uDac with your MS1's?

What a huge difference. I feel like these MS1s are finally being pushed properly. Think the most telling thing was just how much my source was holding me back (my laptop sound card, which was factory, but not *that* bad).

It's pushing it way harder. I can crank up the equalizer a lot more. The black is deafening (as in non-existent). Everything sounds better and clearer. The bass hits more.

For what's basically been a $200 investment (MS1 and uDAC), I feel I have one helluva nice sounding setup.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #2,675 of 3,117
mailman just showed up with my MS-1i's and WOW what a difference listening with iPod touch G2 --> FiiO E1-->MS-1i and am being blown away from what I have had in the past. tried with the clip+ but it's just not the same maybe Ill get an E5 this week and see how the clip does with that. Ohhhh did you just hear that it was my wallet screaming in pain. guess Ill be getting a different amp to try out also

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #2,676 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNovice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a huge difference. I feel like these MS1s are finally being pushed properly. Think the most telling thing was just how much my source was holding me back (my laptop sound card, which was factory, but not *that* bad).

It's pushing it way harder. I can crank up the equalizer a lot more. The black is deafening (as in non-existent). Everything sounds better and clearer. The bass hits more.

For what's basically been a $200 investment (MS1 and uDAC), I feel I have one helluva nice sounding setup.

Darn it. I might have to take the plunge.

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #2,677 of 3,117
uDac + MS1i = good.

I can now actually listen to the MS1i's without needing a bass boost. Its not really that the uDac adds much bass, its just that the rest of the sound is much smoother, and yet detail is better.

Sure, they drive fine straight from an iPhone or whatever, but they sound nicer with the uDac IMHO...

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #2,678 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismc_us /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ones I got are the MS-1i. I expected maybe a little upgrade from the SR60s, but only a couple of hours in I am amazed by them. I haven't had this much of a wow factor since my first pair of KSC-75s. Now I have to listen to my whole music collection again
smily_headphones1.gif

That's what I like to hear!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just placed an order for the MS1i..

Also glad to hear they match well with the uDac.

edit: MS1i's have been removed from the Alessandro site.. got my order in just in time :p

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #2,682 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by gknix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, why did they take the MS1i off?

also another uDAC + MS1 owner here. I'm loving them!

it's something with the web site if I use the 1 I have bookmarked they are not there, when I use google to get to the page they are there,

I suspect their web host goes between 2 servers and 1 has them and 1 doesn't

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #2,683 of 3,117
I've modded my MS1's to MS1000's... lovin' it. To my ears... MS1000 + uDAC sounds twice as nice (maybe nicer) than stock MS1 with no DAC/amp, which is no slouch itself.

Keep in mind, my "source" is only a laptop, I'm not using anything crazy.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #2,685 of 3,117
I got mine in about 4-7 days. Something like that.

I'm in NorCal.
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnnGeeOhh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a set of MS-1i last night. My card was charged today. When do you guys think I should expect it to come? It's being delivered to Los Angeles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back