Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 21, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #2,641 of 3,117
im not comfortable with bowl pads, before i also thought that my MS1i sounds average
and lacking on bass, but now using it with Sony dap its a new hearing experience. this
is the sound im wanting from MS1i
smily_headphones1.gif

past setup :
creative zen = very poor
creative zen + E5 = poor
iphone 3g = very poor
iphone 3g + E5 = poor
N97 + E5 = good
Sony S544 = excellent!

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #2,642 of 3,117
hmm have decided to put these up for sale i guess, since i will not use it that often. Thanks all for the advice anyway
biggrin.gif
!

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #2,643 of 3,117
Just ordered my MS1-i and I'm kind of nervous. Keep reading mixed reviews.

These are my 1st Hifi headphones, I've been listening to my music through my Bose in-ears.

I listen to rock, hip hop, techno.

I currently use an iPod touch as my source. Should I upgrade?

Are these headphones going to excite me?

also how long does it take to ship to Canada from Alessandro?

Thanks

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #2,644 of 3,117
Mixed reviews? I thought that there was a general consensus that these are great for their intended purpose, at least at that price point. However, for techno and hip-hop, not so much. You may need a closed set of cans for that. For rock, which they are intended for, on the other hand, they absolutely slay it.

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #2,645 of 3,117
if you have a good source even w/o amp surely you will enjoy it.

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #2,646 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my MS1-i and I'm kind of nervous. Keep reading mixed reviews.

These are my 1st Hifi headphones, I've been listening to my music through my Bose in-ears.

I listen to rock, hip hop, techno.

I currently use an iPod touch as my source. Should I upgrade?

Thanks

They'll sound pretty different from you're bose's I'd imagine. My advice is give em a few days to grow on you. They have a bit of a love/hate sound, but IMHO you did the right thing by bypassing the SR60s - I dig the MS1i's a lot more. They sound fine with hop hip to my ears, just don't expend thunderous bass.

Ipod Touch is fine, I'd be more worried about the quality of your MP3s... 256kbit+ might be a good start.

Fiio's and Cmoys are cheap amps that sound good. The best amp I have owned is a DIY cmoy, sounded great with my previous pair of Phonak PFEs but did little with my SR60s.

MS1s I believe don't require an amp, in the sense they don't need extra power, but if an amp produces a better quality sound, the MS1s will reflect that.

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #2,647 of 3,117
MS1's sound fantastic without an amp! In my experience amping them gets rid of the 'fun' element of the cans. Dont worry about the mixed reviews, there are ALOT more pleased than disappointed. The price to performace ratio is exceptional.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #2,648 of 3,117
Glad to see the thread and MS1 love going strong.

I wanted to share something that I found browsing the interwebs:

51WTRMETDML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Is it me or are those really MS1's with bowls?
smily_headphones1.gif

Discuss.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #2,649 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sailboat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to see the thread and MS1 love going strong.

I wanted to share something that I found browsing the interwebs:

51WTRMETDML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Is it me or are those really MS1's with bowls?
smily_headphones1.gif

Discuss.

good eye, no button so they indeed look like the ms1 (non-i version) with bowls. I mainly used the bowls and reverse 414s when i had my ms1i (sold them last week).

i never directly compared the comfys with the bowls on the ms1s but I feel i liked the sound of the bowls better.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #2,650 of 3,117
Yup, no button. I looked at another higher resolution picture and it really looks like 'Alessandro Music Series' at the top. The artist is Noon and the album is Better than Anything just in case others are wondering.

I bought mine used from the forum and they came with comfies. Quarter modded, not modded comfies sound congested but with more bass. I like the sound of the bowls as well. Much more separation and clearer sound on all counts. There's a bit of depth/sound stage added too. The bowls are now drastically more softer cause I've had them for a while and washed them more than twice. I think kramer5150 said wear/tear on the bowls changes the sound signature of the headphones. My memory is not the greatest but it definitely sounds warmer than when I first got them.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #2,651 of 3,117
I think mine a fully burned in 50 hours +
Haven't gotten my HD414 pads yet. But damn they're pretty good headphones. I'm starting to feel my M50s sound a bit distant and empty compared to the MS1i's.

Edit: got my hd414s yesterday - 1/4 mod reversed them straight away as I didn't wanna risk stretching the pre cut hole - as when I modded my old sr60s stock comfys the precut hole was too big & my ear touched the driver

anyway loving the sound from the hd414 pads - pretty good fit for my ears. I was surprised by how much they improve the soundstage - it's still nothing much but much better - the sound is much less muddled and there is actually some seperation between instruments...

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #2,652 of 3,117
the MS1i seems to be gone from the alessandro website, now you can only choose between 'Music Series One' with 1/4 plug or a mini plug, both at 99$. anyone know if they're only selling the regular MS1's now, or if those are both MS1i's?

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #2,653 of 3,117
Guess so.

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #2,654 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the MS1i seems to be gone from the alessandro website, now you can only choose between 'Music Series One' with 1/4 plug or a mini plug, both at 99$. anyone know if they're only selling the regular MS1's now, or if those are both MS1i's?

Its a funny website, I was having problems with it using Chrome. Had to order using IE ... eewww...

Anyway, when at the sight, actually click on the left hand bit that says 'headphones' - the website address should be Alessandro High-End Products & you'll be able to choose the i version.

I'd love to do a side by side comparison of the i and regular version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back