Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Dec 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #2,567 of 3,117
I am really interested in getting some MS-1s from Alessandro's site, but I want to know if I will need to buy a separate 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to plug the awesomeness into my computer. Do the MS-1i's come with such an adapter, or is it already a 3.5mm plug?

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #2,570 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will say the MS1 with grado bowls is a nice touch. Also, I personally find them more comfortable to use.

An enthusiastic x 2!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #2,571 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An enthusiastic x 2!!!
biggrin.gif

lol, believe it or not, after getting the bowls, I have no longer a desires (other than curiosity sake) to get the SR225. I know it's been awhile since I last heard the SR225 and I am doing this from memory, but I do not think the SR225 are a step above the MS1i with the bowls, more like a side step.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #2,572 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, believe it or not, after getting the bowls, I have no longer a desires (other than curiosity sake) to get the SR225. I know it's been awhile since I last heard the SR225 and I am doing this from memory, but I do not think the SR225 are a step above the MS1i with the bowls, more like a side step.

I really enjoy the MS1i's with comfies (quarter modded). But I have heard reports that the bowls are good too, and have always been curious.

But I've also heard that the bowls get super uncomfortable, and most importantly, turn it into a bright, shrill can.

I wouldn't want to give up the bass, it's great on the comfies.

Is that true?

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #2,573 of 3,117
For me, I am coming from primarily off the RE0, the decrease in bass is not that much at all, but it does help with the extension of it. Personally, I find the comfort increases because instead of sitting on my ear, it kinda surrounds it, of course tweaking the headband works (eg bending it). It actually retains it's smoothness, not overly bright but the treble does increase but it's not unbearable and does not shrill. The quarter mod should provide similar results, other than the extension of the sound.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #2,575 of 3,117
Depends where you live, the closer your are to PA the faster you get it. About 2 weeks to Central Canada for me. lol came faster than my PL50 from HK and was bought 2 weeks before I ordered the MS1i.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #2,576 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by duckbutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my MS-1i's today!
biggrin.gif
how long does shipping usually take? They already charged my cc, so I'm guessing they have some in stock.

Where do you live? Shipping to me in UK took around 4-5 days.

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #2,577 of 3,117
I need some spare parts as my ms1's are broken (tranducer signal wire is cut), so if anyone has a spare single headphone or driver, or a pair thats broken for any reason, I'd be glad to buy it off!
I've already bought jumbo pads and am building distancers to mod them into ms1000, so I'm quite desperate. Thanks!

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #2,580 of 3,117
Hello everyone, I just joined Head-Fi today and this is my first post. After perusing the forums over the last few days in search of a new pair of phones, I bit the bullet today and ordered a pair of MS-1i's as well as the L-Cush pads.

Previous/current headphones include Shure SE110, Creative Zen Aurvana, Koss KSC75, Senn eH150, some old Sony can of which I don't recall the model, and various carppy earbuds. The SE110's are the most transparent of the list and I find myself gravitating toward them, even if they are a bit uncomfortable. I usually settle on the KSC75 or the eH150s (like being halfway back in the venue even on live recordings) for extended periods for the sake of comfort.

My main listening environment is a private home office, currently running of an HP laptop...I have a hunch that a headphone amp may be somewhere in my future, but I'll resist the urge as long as possible. The MS1is will become my primary listening device while working (or not). The eH150 or KSC75 will continue in periodic gaming duty (BF2 anyone?). For music, I lean toward epic/power metal, 90%, with occasional flights into classical or jazz:

Within Temptation
Dragon Force
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Freedom Call

and of course, the kings of power metal: Iron Maiden (still, even after 20+ years).

For those of you in the US who have had to wait, this may be of some interest. Instead of ordering directly through Alessandro, I ordered from an authorized dealer on ebay, proaudioland:

eBay Store - proaudioland: Pickups, Recording Gear, Effects Pedals Stompboxes

I offered $99.99 USD and was accepted immediately, for a nice $10 off the list price, and still received free shipping. Even ordering this morning, I have already received shipment notification from UPS to expect delivery on the 16th.

I don't see that he has any more for sale at the moment, but those interested may wish to keep their eye on the storefront. Here's my auction as evidence, although it doesn't show the price I paid:

Alessandro Music Series One 1-i Headphones Grado Labs - eBay (item 370303411538 end time Dec-10-09 11:45:07 PST)

I look forward to many hours of irrational exuberance with the MS1is when they arrive and many additional hours spent on Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back