Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Nov 3, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #301 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj
lol they have already had enough wait... now they KNOW its coming and the dreaded hours like counting down the minutes in the last hour of work
its so short yet so far

by the way im sitting here enjoying my ms1s right now. gotta love them, they make me want to not stop listening to music
eggosmile.gif

It's incredibly intresting that you should say that! I am RIGHT NOW listening to "The Ventures Greatest Hits"' Guitar CD. The very same CD that I listened to first on my brand-new MS-1s on the day they arived back in March!

.....no big deal really; it's one of my favorites and I listen to it all the time.
tongue.gif

Alessandros' make the Ventures SHINE!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #302 of 3,117
Yep Reivaj is right, seems that AKG K81DJ will suit you better if you have concerns with getting thrown out of the library LOL!.

MS-1 like all Grados will leak in and out more than any other headphone, but for me with the right amount of volume no issues with outdoor use - just stay away from cramped/crowded place else you gonna get some drubbing fooo!!!
eek.gif
lambda.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #303 of 3,117
Oh god, I am so tempted to buy a pair of MS-1s now that Alessandro has them in stock. I am counting on you guys to persuade me to do it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #304 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by adeut85
Oh god, I am so tempted to buy a pair of MS-1s now that Alessandro has them in stock. I am counting on you guys to persuade me to do it.
smily_headphones1.gif

its something i recommend. its excellent for rock and other genres as well. for me it has the perfect amount of bass. not too much not too little and it strikes with precision

Nov 3, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #305 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickMouthy
These two albums trounce, New Order and Depeche Mode, never mind Duran Duran. They have more in common with Miles Davis than The Human League. In fact they trounce most recorded music ever. And they both sound absolutely stunning on headphones.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely check them out.

As for the rest of you - just frickin listen to them when they arrive. Don't worry about pads or burn-in or whatnot. They'll just get better and better. Plug them in and rock it hard. Remember to bend out the headband if the fit is too tight.

In general, I would say it takes about 20 minutes for either your ears or the headphones (even "burned-in" pairs) to warm up - don't make any sweeping judgements before then. That's about it. School is out.

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #308 of 3,117
I haven't checked my credit card yet but I got something better. I opened my inbox today and viola an e-mail from Alessandro.

"New update. Your order was shipped late afternoon today 11/2/2006 via priority mail."

Ahhhhhhhh.. just can't wait. Its about time aswell, I started having dreams about MS-1s the other day from all the obsessing i've been doing about it.
blink.gif

This is alittle off topic, but I also DL'ed the Talk Talk album, Spirit of Eden mentioned and wow. I've been listening to it on my crummy iBuds all day, and I still find myself getting lost in the music. Are all their albums from 1988 onwards this good?

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #309 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillKhitie
I haven't checked my credit card yet but I got something better. I opened my inbox today and viola an e-mail from Alessandro.

"New update. Your order was shipped late afternoon today 11/2/2006 via priority mail."

Ahhhhhhhh.. just can't wait. Its about time aswell, I started having dreams about MS-1s the other day from all the obsessing i've been doing about it.
blink.gif

This is alittle off topic, but I also DL'ed the Talk Talk album, Spirit of Eden mentioned and wow. I've been listening to it on my crummy iBuds all day, and I still find myself getting lost in the music. Are all their albums from 1988 onwards this good?

They only did one more after Spirit, Laughing Stock, which is even more sparse and powerful. Mark Hollis, the singer, then made a solo album in 1998 which is EVEN MORE sparse and emotional. The Colour Of Spring, the album directly before Spirit, is also well worth getting - you can see the seeds of Spirit in there.

I'd recommend looking out for anything by Bark Psychosis if you like late-period Talk Talk though. They're like a more urban, dubby take on that sound, especially on Hex. Talk Talk's drummer actually plays on BP's second album, //Codename
biggrin.gif
ustsucker.

If you head to www.stylusmagazine.com, go to Staff, and hit up my name (Nick Southall) you can find an interview I did with Graham Sutton, the guy who is Bark Psychosis (he's a big Etymotic E4 fan, and Portapros and Grado 325s too!).

Nov 3, 2006 at 12:23 PM Post #311 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by knalb
does everyone get a confirmation email?

Im not so sure. I don't think so, its just that I emailed them beforehand regarding my situation. Im sending my MS-1s to my aunts house in San Francisco instead of sending them straight to the Philippines to bypass all the VAT and whatnot. I told them that I needed to know when will they be sending so that we'd know when to book the airplane tickets.

Getting your credit card charged though is a surefire indicator that its been sent out.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back