AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Feb 27, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,261 of 1,544
I just got my unit in. Even for $250 after fees, I wasn't particularly impressed :sweat:

If anybody is on the fence about buying it next time it is on sale, pull the trigger! AKG customer service was very quick and helpful when I had to deal with some shipping problems.
You weren't impressed by them, but recommend to buy them?

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #1,263 of 1,544
Just got these. Very happy. A continuation of the cloud sound of the k3003 into a more striking one and it seems to involve water in terms of imaging. Sounds fun-happy as I expected since it's a major company and is a buy-product. It feels like you're on a yacht in serene waters off the shore of an island, or in a jet flying through the clouds overhead.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #1,264 of 1,544
Just coming around on these after buying my Xelento I thought I was done with iems since my main cans are Susvara but couldn't pass up 299.00 for these since I'd always heard them mentioned as competition for Xelento, which I love! I was initially blown away with these then let down because of the imaging seemed all to the front, then they ran in I guess because now they are absolutely firing on all axis with a very beautiful holographic sound, very detailed and just a full beautiful listen from these, wow. Sitting here listening to these off of my shanling M6 21 haven't tried them off Volot yet probably won't because they sound just fine off here. These are absolutely 1k SQ no question about it imo

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #1,265 of 1,544
Just coming around on these after buying my Xelento I thought I was done with iems since my main cans are Susvara but couldn't pass up 299.00 for these since I'd always heard them mentioned as competition for Xelento, which I love! I was initially blown away with these then let down because of the imaging seemed all to the front, then they ran in I guess because now they are absolutely firing on all axis with a very beautiful holographic sound, very detailed and just a full beautiful listen from these, wow. Sitting here listening to these off of my shanling M6 21 haven't tried them off Volot yet probably won't because they sound just fine off here. These are absolutely 1k SQ no question about it imo
These caused me to sell the xelento , superior in every way imo plus no driver flex!

Mar 26, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #1,266 of 1,544
Mar 27, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #1,267 of 1,544
How heavy are the bt modules? Do you notice them pulling down on the shells? Tempted to get these for when I'm on the bike and pair them with my garmin.

Mar 27, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #1,268 of 1,544
How heavy are the bt modules? Do you notice them pulling down on the shells? Tempted to get these for when I'm on the bike and pair them with my garmin.
They’re worn over the ear, so it would pull up on the IEM If anything. I found the cabling on the BT adapter to be sort of thick and stiff. Definitely not my favorite unfortunately.

Mar 27, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #1,270 of 1,544
Honest I would recommend the AKG NC400 for outdoor/exercise usage. Mine stay put really well in my ears but I’m not sure about other people’s experiences with them. I use them while walking all the time.

Apr 3, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #1,271 of 1,544
Honest I would recommend the AKG NC400 for outdoor/exercise usage. Mine stay put really well in my ears but I’m not sure about other people’s experiences with them. I use them while walking all the time.
I have the N400nc and they are great for exercise. They stay put and can endure lots of sweat. My n5005's are my daily drivers until my Clairs come back from a warranty repair.

Apr 3, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #1,272 of 1,544
A word of caution for city dwellers, my nc400 get choppy and painfully "poppy" whenever I walk on particular city streets. It may just be my unit that is subject to radio interference, but it's real problem for me since there is no easy fix; I need to un-pair, re-pair, and pray. In the house, no problems. All that said, I agree they are great and well worth the risk at their current price.

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #1,273 of 1,544
I will most likely buy another N400 with the current deals.

Apr 9, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #1,275 of 1,544
Better late than never. Got mine at $200 and with the feature-set, more than worth it though I do understand why some really thought this was bass-light and had difficulties with the fit. None of the stock tips (which are admittedly low quality and had dimpling out-of-the-box hence no seal) and packaged Spinfit tips worked for me. Had to temporarily settle with my Complys for now.

Still looking for XL silicons that will give me the right fit, hoping for the Ortofons or Spiral Dots though can someone confirm if the Spinfits CP100 is compatible because it's the only Spinfits with XL sizing?

Paid $700 for my K3003 but that was back then 2014. Quite diff honestly as the N5005 doesn’t have the sparkle and treble of the K3003. Both do extend bass really well and have wide staging. Weirdly though, the K3003 has better soundstage height and depth but other than that the N5005 has better technicalities overall and handles layering in busy tracks better than the K3003, especially given its age.

PS: Still hoping if the Spinfits CP100 would fit these, why would Spinfit do not have SL for the CP145…
I bought the XL spin fit CP 100 as well as the Final Audio Type E in XL and they both fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back