AKG USA warranty
Apr 25, 2008 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dowxp

Head-Fier
AKG harman phone # is some AMEX travel company and their email is 404.

how do i get service? k701s left ear went out.

sennheiser wasn't this bad ..

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

akgusaservice@harman.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;akgusaservice@harman.com
Action: failed
X-Display-Name: AKG-USA Service

USA
Harman Consumer Group
phone: 001 818 920-3212
email: AKGUSASERVICE@harman.com

Apr 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 9
.. well, i guess i wasted money on AKG then. I also cannot seem to get the headphones taken apart to even try to fix it myself. I'll end up using a dremel
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks anyways.

Apr 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dowxp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG harman phone # is some AMEX travel company and their email is 404.

how do i get service? k701s left ear went out.

sennheiser wasn't this bad ..

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

akgusaservice@harman.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;akgusaservice@harman.com
Action: failed
X-Display-Name: AKG-USA Service

USA
Harman Consumer Group
phone: 001 818 920-3212
email: AKGUSASERVICE@harman.com

Why not just send an email to akg austria and have them point you to the correct email adress?

Using your Dremel might void you warranty
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 9
Same thing happend to me! Left channel died! I e-mailed them in Austria, they forwarded my e-mail to someone in Montreal, I'll probably be shipping them out tonight
I hope it's a cheap and easy repair!

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 9
I also have the AKG K702 and they just started to go out on the left side. Is this a common problem with the K701/702?? (Seems odd the left side goes out, since the mini-XLR wire goes to that side). I've only used them on weekends and they've never even left my room! I also listen at pretty mild volumes as well, through a Gilmore Lite amp.

Anyone have any experiences with AKG's warranty process? I'm not sure if I can find my original receipt--will they definitely require that? And actually looking back at my emails, it looks like I purchased them 25 months ago, which would be just past warranty.

I'm really quite shocked and disappointed; I was hoping they would last me a good long time. And now I'm afraid if I get them fixed, the problem might come back.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 9
^
I'd see if you could send them in even if they weren't still covered by the warranty. (you would need a receipt)  You'd have to pay for the repair,  but at least you could then sell them and scavenge some of the value to put towards a different pair if that's what you decide to do.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
^
I'd see if you could send them in even if they weren't still covered by the warranty. (you would need a receipt)  You'd have to pay for the repair,  but at least you could then sell them and scavenge some of the value to put towards a different pair if that's what you decide to do.

Just for future reference, I had checked AKG's webpage and it said to contact the dealer first. I did and they were gracious enough to exchange mine for a brand new replacement (luckily I had kept the box and everything else).

So now I'm thinking I will take your advice, thanks :) I'm currently leaning to the Sennheiser HD 600, even though I've never had the chance to listen to them. But I'm sure they will sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back