AKG ruined my headphones, what to do?
May 24, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #31 of 54
Can't say AKG's quality of actual service is doing so well these days... At least they are polite and honest when you call them
smily_headphones1.gif
Richard Land I've heard great things about but he doesn't control the flow of parts!

May 28, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #33 of 54
When I sent my K701 in for repairs back then, they returned with a slightly mangled right side; the plastic swivel area was deeply scratched in some parts, and so were other parts near the metal grill.

At least they went through with my request for new pads.
rolleyes.gif

May 28, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #34 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I sent my K701 in for repairs back then, they returned with a slightly mangled right side; the plastic swivel area was deeply scratched in some parts, and so were other parts near the metal grill.

At least they went through with my request for new pads.
rolleyes.gif

That's pretty pitiful. Mental note: "Never send headphones to AKG for service."

May 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #35 of 54
Just to post up my experience (this was from summer of '05), I called up AKG direct. Sent in my phones after describing what I wanted done (new cord, new pads, new foam inside, basically a refurbish). I got back a polished up/very clean set of K240s, yes the same one I sent in, and they were just as nice upon receipt as they were when I sent them out.

The total for all the work and parts was $80, and I got a new head strap, new elastics, new drivers installed, new foam inside and out, and new pads.

Zero complaints, it was about 2.5wks from the time I shipped them from central California to the time I received them back.

May 28, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #36 of 54
5 months is a long time to replace a driver. Could understand if it was a mega rare phone.

Good job its not a humungeous loss, if it goes that way.

May 28, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #37 of 54
well, you have the first guy you gave it to claiming he sent it to cali in decent condition - that means theres no way you could have done it yourself really, im impressed he gave you his number at least - have you called him?

May 31, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #38 of 54
After contacting AKG GmbH, they want me to send my headphones back to AKG with a guarantee that they will be returned to working condition at no cost, and returned in a reasonable time. Which is good, I guess...but to be honest I was crossing my fingers and hoping they'd offer me any choice of new AKGs to replace them.
frown.gif

May 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #39 of 54
that sux man..soo many months they troubled you and only compensation you get is just free repair... are they paying shipping costs?

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #40 of 54
free repair or not, akg just lost a customer in me.

it shouldn't take constant emails/calls and forum posts to have a headphone replacement sent to you. terrible customer service.

btw i'm glad to see you got your replacement headphone out of this atleast.

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerofallosov /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After contacting AKG GmbH, they want me to send my headphones back to AKG with a guarantee that they will be returned to working condition at no cost, and returned in a reasonable time. Which is good, I guess...but to be honest I was crossing my fingers and hoping they'd offer me any choice of new AKGs to replace them.
frown.gif

cool.gif
Well, the good thing I can see in this is that at least AKG GmBH has not lost their mind yet and decided to do the decent thing :fingers crossed:

Jun 1, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #42 of 54
Those pictures are more gruesome to look at than roadkill.

Jun 1, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #43 of 54
A lot of companies need to take a few lessons in customer service. If the service center in CA told you that they screwed up in the first place and replaced them with a new set, that would've been fine. But waiting 5 months and then receiving a set of useless headphones all while them giving you the runaround is simply unacceptable IMO. Yes, they may be replacing them now, but long-winded situations like this leave a bad taste in my mouth. This could've been fixed a long time ago with less hassle to both you and them.

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #45 of 54
I sent my 240DFs to AKG's repair facility in Nashville several years ago (when it was still open). They were completely rebuilt and both the rebuilt 'phones and all the old parts, placed inside a plastic bag, were returned. Perhaps they forgot to put the repaired 'phones in the box and only sent the "remains." You might want to check with them about that possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back