AKG ruined my headphones, what to do?
May 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 54
At least the first repairman from the repaircenter can maybe back up your side with that you did not send mail them previously destroyed. Since he has claimed that he didn't take them apart.

best of luck to ya. hope it works out.

May 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #17 of 54
that's ridiculous man. how could they just throw a disassembled pair of headphones in a box and ship it out like that. It's like the farthest thing from professional. I don't even understand what the train of thought behind that would be. "meh, we don't know what we're doing, let's just send them back like this and let the owner take care of them" haha. sorry to hear about this though. sucks for sure. hope everything gets taken care of like it should though.

May 22, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 54
If you don't get anywhere shortly with AKG regarding compensation for the damaged phones...it would be time to post this to The Consumerist: Shoppers Bite Back You have pics, you have communiques from AKG themselves. This is a slam dunk and will get someone working VERY VERY fast to resolve this.

First, give AKG time to fix this. If they don't move on it though after a decent amount of time (2 weeks would be sufficient) then smack them up with as much bad publicity as possible. It's cheaper than contacting a lawyer and will get them moving a whole lot faster.

They have lawyers on retainer, a little thread from your lawyer will do nothing to them as they will attempt to bleed you dry, but bad publicity? Worth MILLIONS in spin doctoring
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #20 of 54
after thinking about it for a while, I can see where someone could get the impression that disconnecting the cardan joint from the baffle w/o removing the earcup might make things faster.

But i think that the awkwardness of reattaching the cardan joint with the earcup in the way - perhaps evidenced by their failure to do so - would make up the difference in time and difficulty.

May 22, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #21 of 54
When AKG was located in Tenn..........service and parts orders were generally handled in an exemplary fashion. When they moved to Ca. (almost 2 years ago) everything went wrong. I still don't understand what benefits management perceived would accrue from the move. They left good people behind in Tenn., and they haven't replaced them with staff that comes even close to equaling those they left behind. Particularly, the parts lady (sorry, can't recall her name at the moment). Glad that now my only AKG is a pair of k340 - they do not make anything else that interests me.

May 22, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #22 of 54
This is why I repair my own stuff for the most part.

Old stock can be hard for them to get a hold of.

but....

OMG!

That is ridiculous. If they cannot replace your DF's, you should get a brand new pair of k701's free of charge at the least! Still....it doesn't replace the DF's...only makes it hurt less.

May 22, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #24 of 54
Deplorable customer service that I will consider on every HP purchase from AKG in the future. Depending on their response to this situation....
....They better work hard to fix this issue of yours to stop further damage.

It's their move and I would not give them too much time...on your part or mine as a potential customer, they need to act fast as the damage is immeasurable.

I wish you the best and my thoughts are with you.

Make it right AKG!!

May 22, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #25 of 54
On a lighter note.I had my 701 lose sound in the left channel.Gave it to my dealer who sent it to California to be repaired.Came back within a weeks time fully repaired.Cost me nothing.Just my experience.

May 22, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #26 of 54
What?! Whoever "serviced" that had absolutely no ****ing idea what they were doing. I'd be raising hell with them every single day until I got a satisfactory result out of them. >:[

If you haven't gotten a full apology and complete repair out of AKG in a couple weeks, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do to clean them up and repair them for you. That's just so unbelievably unacceptable of them.

May 23, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #28 of 54
Wow...this is REALLY shocking.

I've send 2 or 3 pairs of cans (including my 20+ year old K-240's more than once) back for service over the years, and it's always been exemplary. This is really sad.

May 24, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #30 of 54
The DF (all K-240) share some parts with the K-240S currently in production. The AKG service manual for K-240 lists all major versions of K-240 (DF, Monitor, Studio, and the old production version).

Anyway, by the grammar and spelling (or rather, lack thereof) it looks like whoever repaired them was a non-native speaker, meaning - either the headphones were sent elsewhere to an "outsourced" repair facility, or the Californian centre employs unqualified immigrant workers with as low a wage as possible.

Which explains why AKG have moved their service centre to California...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back