AKG ruined my headphones, what to do?
Jun 2, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by zipdisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps they forgot to put the repaired 'phones in the box and only sent the "remains." You might want to check with them about that possibility.

This is probably not the case, as the invoice says the headphones were un-repairable and they didn't have the parts required to repair them. If they had actually repaired them and they left them out on accident you'd be able to deduce that from the contents of the invoice.

Jun 2, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #47 of 54
so are they sending you a new pair ???

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #49 of 54
I have a feeling they don't really have any DFs in stock. You should send them to Fitz for repair if you're going that route (unless you're handy, then it's not TOO hard to try it yourself, but you may need more parts). I have a more "modern" DF than my older pair with a different driver unit and slightly different baffle that I don't like as much as my older model that I could get to you for cheap.

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #50 of 54
This thread reminds of when I sent PX100s to Sennheiser for repair and they sent back a set of HD550 therapeutic headphones. I still have no idea what the heck the technician must have been on.

Threads like this also make me very wary about counting on any sort of aftermarket support. What good is a guarantee if it takes five months and hours of your personal time to get it repaired?

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerofallosov /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to be a shameless person and requested a replacement, instead of having these refurbished. I guess we'll see how that goes, but I'm not expecting much.

You have every right to do so if they returned in significantly worse condition than you sent them out in. If they offer to at least offer you a refund on the cost of the repairs in the first place (not just no additional cost) their solution might be more justified. As it stands, I'd be on the phone yelling bloody murder.

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #53 of 54
Haha,I am curious to know too
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha,I am curious to know too
biggrin.gif

I don't know but had an experience similiar with my cans. Was told to send them to Land Audio for repairing a cable. Rich told me thyat he would have them repaired under warranty as he didnt have the part. Her said that if had one kaying around he would repair me and charge me for it. Said he dint have the cable and ordered it and when it came in would be covered under warranty. I called a month later told me he dint get the cable yet from AKG bvut he had one and if I wanted to pay would repair. He charged me 88.00 to repair the cable. I didn't feel like waiting any longer so I paid. I am wondering he must have have gotten the cable from AKG and billed both them and me. I guess i will have to send Harman a letter to see if this was the case. Its not good business and I suggest if you buy the cans send them directly to California for repair although they suck at answering emails or returning calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back