AKG new headphone K545?
Oct 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #181 of 1,753
No music with the pictures I was very quickly getting the pictures taken and in unusual surroundings so may have put the K550 on backwards for the pictures. I noticed I had them positioned on my head differently when I got home too LOL.I did all my listening afterward when I could comfortably switch the headphones back and forth.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #182 of 1,753
^no worries 
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #184 of 1,753
  There's still something bothering me: the specification sheet clearly say that 1 carrying case is included... and we know thats not the case (no pun intended).
So is it possible that there are ones that do include it??

http://de.akg.com/tl_files/catalog//AKG/AKG/Spec%20sheet/In-Ear/K545/Specification%20Sheet%20%20K545%20%28English%29.pdf

edit: link to spec sheet

Didn't AKG do the same thing with the K550's?

EDIT: Actually, I think it was with the K551's.

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #185 of 1,753
The K550 is one of my fav. headphones. With a comment like this "Mids - The mids are very similar between both headphones with just a smidge more warmth in the K545". I don't know if the K545 willhit the mark for me. The K551 didn't. :frowning2:

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #186 of 1,753
My pair is an evaluation set so it did not have all of the bits and pieces in the box. I didn't have the android cable nor did I have the case. But the retail box clearly states they have BOTH. So until we hear differently I can only assume those items will be there with the headphone when these hit the street. I will ask AKG though to be sure.

Reading through the blurb in the link listed above. Sound wise the ad nails it pretty much in regards to their sound.

HiFiGuy, if you love every aspect of the K550 sound then the K545 may not be for you. If you found you wished they had more bass, then they might be worth a listen. Personally I really think AKG hit this one out of the park for a portable headphone. Not everyone will agree with me in this regard but for me these have just got it "right".

This headphone is small enough to not feel conspicuous out in public without completely sacrificing everything sonically that made the K550 so good. It is NOT the same but the compromises are small enough that I can easily live with end result especially with the added bass.

I am just about finished my review and I will say now it will be a glowing one. AKG really did listen to consumer comments I think. The good news is that the K550 is also still available for anyone who doesn't like the K545 sound.

I am hoping to have the review finished and up on Head-fi by the weekend or sooner.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #187 of 1,753
The K550 is one of my fav. headphones. With a comment like this "Mids - The mids are very similar between both headphones with just a smidge more warmth in the K545". I don't know if the K545 willhit the mark for me. The K551 didn't.
frown.gif

???
confused.gif

I could have swore they were the same exact headphone.(k550 and k551)

The k550 IMO definitely could use a bump in the mids and a slight one in bass.

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #188 of 1,753
I have posted a new thread for my review of the K545 here as well as in the Head Gear section.

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #189 of 1,753
I recieved a reply from AKG about the case and was pointed to this URL, http://us.akg.com/akg-product-detail_us/akg-545-black.html which does not mention a case.

I have now asked if the case was removed or if there is a case depending on region and will update once I have more information.

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #190 of 1,753
I just recieved confirmation from AKG that the K545 will not have a case with it. I will update my review when I get home.

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #191 of 1,753
I just recieved confirmation from AKG that the K545 will not have a case with it. I will update my review when I get home.

We can always find a case to fit in these monster for less than $10 so case or no case is no big deal! In fact, these K545 (which I assume with the same build quality as K550) are very sturdy + detachable cable! just put it into your bag and you are good to go! XD

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #192 of 1,753
That's what I am doing. The sound of these is so good I could care less if they have a case. I have taken to packing my Audioengine Dac and the headphones in a large lunch container I use for work.

Btw I have been using these with my iPad mini more and I am enjoying the combination better than I realized.

These have become my favorite portable headphone I have ever owned or used rivalling even my more expensive headphones over the years.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #193 of 1,753
Mine are due Monday.. But for anyone close to a Best Buy with a Magnolia, they have them in their display now should you want to have a listen for yourself (granted they are not burned in)

Nov 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #194 of 1,753
It will be good to have some more people take on this headphone. Look forward to reading your impressions. It's also good to know they are starting to arrive in stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back