AKG new headphone K545?
Oct 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #122 of 1,753
Alright, from my limited time with these headphones, here are some of my impressions:

Ear cushions are nice and soft, pretty comfortable. The cushions are rather similar to the Beoplay H6 except thicker.
Thin pad on the headband, earcups don't clamp tightly. The majority of the weight is on the top of your head, and the thin pad is noticeable and slightly annoying.
The sound definitely has a decent amount of bass and thump. I'm hesitant to say too much else on sound since I've only had it for a few hours (and I'm currently dealing with some ear problems) but the K545 feels rather smooth and slightly...warm.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #124 of 1,753
Alright, from my limited time with these headphones, here are some of my impressions:

Ear cushions are nice and soft, pretty comfortable. The cushions are rather similar to the Beoplay H6 except thicker.
Thin pad on the headband, earcups don't clamp tightly. The majority of the weight is on the top of your head, and the thin pad is noticeable and slightly annoying.
The sound definitely has a decent amount of bass and thump. I'm hesitant to say too much else on sound since I've only had it for a few hours (and I'm currently dealing with some ear problems) but the K545 feels rather smooth and slightly...warm.

Warm huh. How's the isolation?

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #127 of 1,753
IMPRESSIONS!! MOREEEEEEEEE!

Glad they are still using the same excellent build quality of K550 (I assume). From the picture, I doubt it is very much smaller than the k550 so hopefully the sound quality will not get spoiled xD

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #130 of 1,753
+1 MORE MORE MORE!!!

I am very much in the market for one of these. They look awesome. 

After my next month's purchase, I will most probably upgrade my DAC/amp after all but IF these really sound impressive as the review, I might as will upgrade my portable rig :D

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #133 of 1,753
My reviewers pair will arrive tomorrow. So I will have pictures plus some initial impressions tomorrow night or Saturday unless there is a shipping mishap.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #134 of 1,753
Quick update for you guys. Initially when I started playing music I used the other, non-ipod cable to listen to music. I found that using that cable, most of the sound came out of the right ear. After switching to the ipod cable, the sound finally is balanced, which is quite odd. The sound, reiterating on my previous post, is very slightly warm, if not neutral. Bands like Chvrches and Bastille sound best with these headphones.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #135 of 1,753
Quick update for you guys. Initially when I started playing music I used the other, non-ipod cable to listen to music. I found that using that cable, most of the sound came out of the right ear. After switching to the ipod cable, the sound finally is balanced, which is quite odd. The sound, reiterating on my previous post, is very slightly warm, if not neutral. Bands like Chvrches and Bastille sound best with these headphones.

MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Those two bands are my favorite!

Indeed it's odd...I was expecting the iPod cable to have the unbalanced issue like most I came cross... Probably thr cable is faulty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back