AKG K812 Pro
Jul 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #2,761 of 4,825
strange, i sent my first pair to the same location. Called them once after 2 weeks and spoke to a guy name hector hernandez and he gave me a very short update on my hp.

Try calling early in the morning like right when they open (I believe they open calls at 8am or 9am) were the both times I manage to speak to someone

Hector is the guy I left messages with. But I'll take your advice and call first thing in the am. How long did it take you to get your replacement?

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #2,763 of 4,825
I fully intend to.

Definitely. 

I know from my somewhat recent experience with Fostex (TH-900 hanger issue) that although they were very responsive, and I can't really complain, a nudge in the right direction certainly helped.

Keep that fire lit under they're *****.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #2,764 of 4,825
Hector at AKG returned my call, said the Tech determined the problem was a rivet that could be replaced thereby repairing the headphone. He asked if I would prefer a replacement, which I did, so they are going to ship these today with 2 day delivery. Problem resolved. Just hope the 3rd time is the charm.

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #2,769 of 4,825
Hector at AKG returned my call, said the Tech determined the problem was a rivet that could be replaced thereby repairing the headphone. He asked if I would prefer a replacement, which I did, so they are going to ship these today with 2 day delivery. Problem resolved. Just hope the 3rd time is the charm.

Fingers crossed for you, my friend! :)

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #2,771 of 4,825
Those AKG K812 look sweet but i've never thought they would be that fragile. All i know is that my older AKG K240DF are built like a tank but don't look like one.
Anyway i'm jelly at all the owners of these headphones because they would really interest me as someone who started his audio odyssey with AKG K142.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #2,772 of 4,825

Glad to hear that AKG quickly resolved your situation.
beerchug.gif

Keep us posted!

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,773 of 4,825
  Those AKG K812 look sweet but i've never thought they would be that fragile. All i know is that my older AKG K240DF are built like a tank but don't look like one.
Anyway i'm jelly at all the owners of these headphones because they would really interest me as someone who started his audio odyssey with AKG K142.

Aside from their apparent construction foibles, the K812 really do sound as "sweet" as--maybe even sweeter than--they look.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #2,774 of 4,825

Good to see its getting sorted.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,775 of 4,825
Have been enjoying the K812 with the ß22 for the last few days.  Must have had a bad conection the first time I paired the two.  

Not as good as the pairing with either the BCL or the Bada PH-12, IMHO, but still very good.

Enjoying Shirley Bassey and Booker T. & the MG's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back