AKG K812 Pro
Dec 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #481 of 4,825
  I am not sure about what Tyll meant with tizzy, as I thought about something else than treble only, for example this definition from here:
-state in which you feel very worried, upset, and confused
-a highly excited and distracted state of mind

Maybe, at the end and in the sense of disappointment, while expected more, he simply got displeased, maybe even confused, by their presentation/performance? I mean, I can imagine that someone could get annoyed / bothered by lower level of performance, while you expecting flagship to perform close to perfect, so, you call them tizzy, instead of call them bad or else, which also caused a lot of comments, because while he did said that he do not want to trash them, he did it anyway.

Same happened to me, when I got pretty confused with PS1000, so, I dont know, just saying.

Thank you for this information!

I want only clear what tizzy is. But for me the K812 is not a tizzy headphone - the K812 reproduce what it get from the source.

Now I hear "Eneida Marta, Lope Kai" - I am very impressed from the K812, after about 80 hours hearing trough alls my classic, jazz, pop/rock, ethno/world-music, japan-drums, celtics, .... I could say the K812 is an additional flagship in the top region of headphones.

The K812 sounds very clear, with air between instruments or voices; very good deep, dry, powerful bass; balanced, clear mids; clear highs.
Yin and Yang ....  AKG K812 - Denon AH D7000 
k701smile.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #483 of 4,825
  That is also my opinion , I do not understand the estimation about  k 812 . I think , it is not a Flagship.

Can you tell us why!?

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #485 of 4,825
  I am not sure about what Tyll meant with tizzy, as I thought about something else than treble only, for example this definition from here:

Maybe, at the end and in the sense of disappointment, while expected more, he simply got displeased, maybe even confused, by their presentation/performance? I mean, I can imagine that someone could get annoyed / bothered by lower level of performance, while you expecting flagship to perform close to perfect, so, you call them tizzy, instead of call them bad or else, which also caused a lot of comments, because while he did said that he do not want to trash them, he did it anyway.

Same happened to me, when I got pretty confused with PS1000, so, I dont know, just saying.

One thing about Tyll at innerfidelity.com, his hearing is easily disturbed by any trace of sizzling tizzy treble. [I start liking this word tizzy now, it even sounds like what it describes]]. His preference is for headphones with the sound balance shifted towards the bass end of the FR spectrum, so much so that he likes Sennheiser Momentum headphones and recommends them. I find the Momentum-s utterly deficient in treble.

You were lucky to get only confused when hearing Grado PS1000, other people got disappointed and some even got shocked or angry.

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #486 of 4,825

I am not sure about what Tyll meant with tizzy, as I thought about something else than treble only, for example this definition from [COLOR=0000FF]here:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tizzy[/color]

Maybe, at the end and
in the sense of disappointment, while expected more, he simply got displeased, maybe even confused, by their presentation/performance? I mean, I can imagine that someone could get annoyed / bothered by lower level of performance, while you expecting flagship to perform close to perfect, so, you call them tizzy, instead of call them bad or else, which also caused a lot of comments, because while he did said that he do not want to trash them, he did it anyway.

One thing about Tyll at innerfidelity.com, his hearing is easily disturbed by any trace of sizzling tizzy treble. [I start liking this word tizzy now, it even sounds like what it describes]]. His preference is for headphones with the sound balance shifted towards the bass end of the FR spectrum, so much so that he likes Sennheiser Momentum headphones and recommends them. I find the Momentum-s utterly deficient in treble.

You were lucky to get only confused when hearing Grado PS1000, other people got disappointed and some even got shocked or angry.

PS1000 is't being worthly of 1K+ in the first place...

Still, Tyll likes HD800 very much which is known for having hot treble, which bothers me sometimes.

And to be honest, there are't many good closed headphones worth for the money. Regarding Momentum, it has been retired from his wall of fame list, replaced by VISO HP50, which is far less bass oriented than Momentum.

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #488 of 4,825
PS1000 is't being worthly of 1K+ in the first place...

Still, Tyll likes HD800 very much which is known for having hot treble, which bothers me sometimes.

And to be honest, there are't many good closed headphones worth for the money. Regarding Momentum, it has been retired from his wall of fame list, replaced by VISO HP50, which is far less bass oriented than Momentum.

He likes HD800 really only when it is modded to reduce the treble: "with the proper mods they're enjoyable."

As to his closed sealed wall of fame choices, "I tend to like stuff a tad on the warm side of neutral though." They change very often because he thinks we're living in the golden age of closed models and he likes to look for surprises, e.g., closed and good, cheap and good, &c. 

I'd rather leave money out of the discussion and focus on sound.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #489 of 4,825
Need to rename this thread-    Tyll InnerFidelity wall of fame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back