AKG K812 Pro
Dec 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #511 of 4,825

I was payed 1490 Euro for my K812. And yes my ipod drives them very well
smily_headphones1.gif

Good info! Does this mean that:
A.) The iPhone can drive them with good volume
B.) "A" plus the sound quality through the iPhone is pretty high as well??

Any idea how much can be gained in SQ with even better DAC/AMP?

I have the rather easy to drive Sony MDR-F1 and they dont sound extraordinarly great with the iPhone, but pretty good nonetheless...

Yes the volume is high enought with the ipod and the quality is in my ears superb (very analytical but with no "tizzy" sound). I listen on my ipod generation 5 at 80 % of max. volume with the AKG K812 Pro.

On my B.M.C. pure dac the AKG K812 sounds a little bit fuller but the difference is not very high.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #512 of 4,825
How would you describe headphones out performance of your DAC? I mean, I found some review on 6moons and seems that it have linear / flat response with excellent detail and the headphones they used as reference were LCD2, which are way differ than AKG, so, do you think that K812 and Pure DAC are good match? Have you tried them through some other amps?

I wonder if K812 also need long break in period, like K701/702, say, around 300 hours at least. Would you be so kind to let us know if you hear any improvements with more hours of use please.

THX

Quote:

Yes the volume is high enought with the ipod and the quality is in my ears superb (very analytical but with no "tizzy" sound). I listen on my ipod generation 5 at 80 % of max. volume with the AKG K812 Pro.

On my B.M.C. pure dac the AKG K812 sounds a little bit fuller but the difference is not very high.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #513 of 4,825
Hello,

the performance of the 100 Ohm headphone out of the Pure Dac is with high impedance headphones very good. I was tested the headphone out with Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 Ohm side by side with the Lake People G100 amp and the Pure Dac sounds a little bit better more air and detail. With a low impedance headphone like Grado RS1 was the Lake People a little bit better. But the balanced output of the Pure Dac has 0 Ohm and i used a LCD-2 on this and they sounds nearly perfect.

The K812 is very easy to drive and sounds on the Pure Dac very good. I drive the AKG also with my Meier Audio Corda Jazz amp and the difference is not huge between this two amps - > finally more mids on Jazz vs. more bass on Pure Dac.

Burn in time of the AKG K812 is in my ears maybe 30-50 hours. I was noticed a better bass extension and more volume after this time.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #515 of 4,825
Is it better as T1? I'm thinking of upgrading.

To my ears, it's the closest sounding headphone to the T1, but maybe a wee bit better. I wouldn't upgrade to it from a T1 personally if I already owned the Beyer.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #516 of 4,825
To my ears, it's the closest sounding headphone to the T1, but maybe a wee bit better. I wouldn't upgrade to it from a T1 personally if I already owned the Beyer.

Very interesting comments. Thanks, now I think I understand what to expect from the K812s...hopefully I'll get to hear them early next year.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #518 of 4,825
Anyone think there will be K812 demos at the Harman store @ nyc? Not that a busy store is a good environment to test headphones, but still.

It's worth a call, and a listen!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #519 of 4,825
THX, please come back with more, after longer break in.

Quote:
  Hello,

the performance of the 100 Ohm headphone out of the Pure Dac is with high impedance headphones very good. I was tested the headphone out with Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 Ohm side by side with the Lake People G100 amp and the Pure Dac sounds a little bit better more air and detail. With a low impedance headphone like Grado RS1 was the Lake People a little bit better. But the balanced output of the Pure Dac has 0 Ohm and i used a LCD-2 on this and they sounds nearly perfect.

The K812 is very easy to drive and sounds on the Pure Dac very good. I drive the AKG also with my Meier Audio Corda Jazz amp and the difference is not huge between this two amps - > finally more mids on Jazz vs. more bass on Pure Dac.

Burn in time of the AKG K812 is in my ears maybe 30-50 hours. I was noticed a better bass extension and more volume after this time.

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #521 of 4,825
  Hello,

In the past I had the Lake People V100 and the Corda
headfi. The V100 is a fun amp with great bass and soundstage, the treble is a bit rolled off, ideal for the RS1 or any other hps with treble spike. The Headfi (if sounds the same as the Jazz) is a very balanced sounding amp but for a long run can course some ear fatigue. My recommendation is the SPL Phonitor, but this is not a cheap option. 

About the burn in time maybe will be a second sound change after 80-120, as was with the K70x series. 

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #522 of 4,825
If somebody considers the Phonitor he should keep in mind that the output impedance of the old Model is too high for the K812. The new Model has near 0Ohm impedance.

I will get mine this weekend and am really excited too test it.

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #523 of 4,825
To all my FANS WORLDWIDE. N O M A X wishes to all Here HAPPY NEW YEAR and many joyfull hours with the K812!:p:cool::rolleyes::

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #525 of 4,825
  Own a Beyer T1 and love it...I'm out of the game, boys and girls!

ya can try to bounce outta the game, but tru playas can never quit.

that's the word 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back