AKG K812 Pro
Nov 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #121 of 4,825
  I bet you there will be plenty of versions of the K 812 once the initial milking is over.

On the other hand, what's going on with Tyll and his review of these?

I've been told a unit is shipping, but haven't received it yet.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #123 of 4,825
This headphone looks fragile :xf_eek: Hope it sounds good tho.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #124 of 4,825
  This headphone looks fragile

This headphone is not fragile - its build for the bag of the pro-audio people too.

I had a pre model in my hands - my sound impressions I had wrote here.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #125 of 4,825
Ok ok. It just looks so thin when watching pictures of it ^^

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #127 of 4,825
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #128 of 4,825
Haven't heard one of these of course but the design is again one of the best looking hp on the market.
Too me Akg had always professionally looking headphones, doesn't mean other brands don't look good but there is something to AKG design i really like.

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #129 of 4,825
You will get the k812 at Last!(Last but not least)regards nomax
smily_headphones1.gif
tongue.gif
:xf_eek:

All that tattle here about the new AKG K812 Pro don't heard them 
k701smile.gif
 (I miss a K812 Pro smilie here).

I know about that I wrote here. I don't write guesswork here.

@amigastar
The K812 Pro is primary a working tool for professional audio engineers. But a very good headphone for all people who want or must hear good music with headphones.

I think first reviews coming soon 
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #130 of 4,825
Thats nice to hear FritzS, but for now the K812 are out of my priceleague. But sooner or later i will get them, just not this or next year. Maybe with luck i can get hold of a used copy in the future or they get a tad cheaper.
I'm sure reviews coming soon so looking forward to that :)

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #131 of 4,825
My first impressions, but only in german
http://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/showpost.php?p=141277&postcount=352 
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=110&thread=14569&postID=593#593 
http://www.hififorum.at/forum/showpost.php?p=270515&postcount=29 
translated, pics and more impressions about the K812 Pro coming soon.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #132 of 4,825
Google Translate
-------------------------------------------------
AKG K812 per
Type: open.back , dynamic headphones
Sensitivity : 110 dB SPL / V
Rated impedance : 36 Ohms
Max output power: 300 mW
Cable: 99.99 % oxygen - free with genuine LEMO connector
V- WCBV @ 94 dB SPL = 300 mV
Magnet: 1.5T
Net Weight : 390 g
More about: http://www.akg.com/k812-1308.html
--------------------------------------------------

My first impressions that can not yet be final. And , I repeat always , these are my personal impressions without any claim to absoluteness !

High-quality packaging , covered with black cloth , hinged lid , Fully Molded tray, headphone stand made of laminated wood.

The essential parts of the receiver are made of high quality aluminum. By a universal joint , the seat fits perfectly on the head shape.

The bracket can be adjusted by means of screening. The seat is good.

The K812 Pro is designed as an open headphone. The openness is not visible on photos, because the perforated back cover is additionally covered by a fine mesh , the driver is also protected by a fine mesh . In a way, he is to have in my opinion ( in terms of openness ) the legend K1000 closer than the K/Q7xx series without its disadvantages . Of course, with newly developed 53 mm drivers of all previous innovations (eg, magnet 1.5 Tesla , lighter coil wire , etc. ) can be included with .

The pads have approximately the same inner diameter as the K/Q7xx series but are constructed differently , include as ear perfectly and close with a kind of lip to its head . The cover is velvety, leathery ( a reference to which material is I have not found) , comfortable to wear .

The sound of the K812 Pro the best headphones I had in the house to test so far. It is in any case to be classified on the Denon D7000 (also via the Beyer T1 as I could compare this with the pre-test ) . This refers to my test of Vorserienmodells ( AKG ) and the first hearing impressions and does not constitute a definitive statement

As I recall, he is tonal classified the K1000 also has the legend. Alone, the bass of the K812 Pro ranges noticeably down much deeper . The comparison with the K1000 regard to the openness of the stage I can not understand , since I have no K1000 available and memories I want to leave me any way.

The K812 Pro is neutral as it should be for a studio headphones , but also relentlessly against bad shots, errors in the recording - which indeed corresponds to the actual purpose .

The audible sensitivity - my headphone amplifier WNA MKII with 15 Ohm output impedance is the difference in volume level for K712 Pro rather low, I just have very little to regulate ( direction down) to the same volume to achieve.

First impressions sound to see with caution since no break-in period (no burning- in ) (! )

Sara K. " Hell over high water" SACD -DDD
Tend to track a noticeably brighter and richer in detail and better, finer resolution than the K712 Pro.
Neutral, profound , but punchier not over emphasized bass .

Liszt Orchestral Works , 2CDs , ADD
Berliner Philharmoniker , Herbert von Karajan , recorded in 1961 , 1968, 1976
Very high and fine , detailed resolution of sounds . Expansive deep bass , dry, without the boom in the mid- bass range ( as sometimes occurs when Denon D7000 ) .

Comparisons and impressions regarding the spatial representations stage will follow soon , please be patient , I will check here some of my impressions after a few days again . Now I'm a few days so just listen and take notes . If I were, " a block of my test pieces " by heard , I will also report . So far as I always did with my hearing test !

Photos will follow soon , I need to edit ( sift , reduce resolution ) .

PS: Regarding the Availability , my knowledge will be next week the first copies go to the dealers and processed the pre-orders in order. The P

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #133 of 4,825
  Google Translate
AKG K812 per

My first impressions that can not yet be final. And , I repeat always , these are my personal impressions without any claim to absoluteness !

High-quality packaging , covered with black cloth , hinged lid , Fully Molded tray, headphone stand made of laminated wood.

The essential parts of the receiver are made of high quality aluminum. By a universal joint , the seat fits perfectly on the head shape.

The K812 Pro is designed as an open headphone. The openness is not visible on photos, because the perforated back cover is additionally covered by a fine mesh , the driver is also protected by a fine mesh . In a way, he is to have in my opinion ( in terms of openness ) the legend K1000 closer than the K/Q7xx series without its disadvantages . Of course, with newly developed 53 mm drivers of all previous innovations (eg, magnet 1.5 Tesla , lighter coil wire , etc. ) can be included with .

The pads have approximately the same inner diameter as the K/Q7xx series but are constructed differently , include as ear perfectly and close with a kind of lip to its head . The cover is velvety, leathery ( a reference to which material is I have not found) , comfortable to wear .

The sound of the K812 Pro the best headphones I had in the house to test so far. It is in any case to be classified on the Denon D7000 (also via the Beyer T1 as I could compare this with the pre-test ) . This refers to my test of Vorserienmodells ( AKG ) and the first hearing impressions and does not constitute a definitive statement

As I recall, he is tonal classified the K1000 also has the legend. Alone, the bass of the K812 Pro ranges noticeably down much deeper . The comparison with the K1000 regard to the openness of the stage I can not understand , since I have no K1000 available and memories I want to leave me any way.

The K812 Pro is neutral as it should be for a studio headphones , but also relentlessly against bad shots, errors in the recording - which indeed corresponds to the actual purpose .

The audible sensitivity - my headphone amplifier WNA MKII with 15 Ohm output impedance is the difference in volume level for K712 Pro rather low, I just have very little to regulate ( direction down) to the same volume to achieve.

First impressions sound to see with caution since no break-in period (no burning- in ) (! )

Tend to track a noticeably brighter and richer in detail and better, finer resolution than the K712 Pro.
Neutral, profound , but punchier not over emphasized bass .

Very high and fine , detailed resolution of sounds . Expansive deep bass , dry, without the boom in the mid- bass range ( as sometimes occurs when Denon D7000 ) .

Comparisons and impressions regarding the spatial representations stage will follow soon , please be patient , I will check here some of my impressions after a few days again . Now I'm a few days so just listen and take notes . If I were, " a block of my test pieces " by heard , I will also report . So far as I always did with my hearing test !

Photos will follow soon , I need to edit ( sift , reduce resolution ) .

PS: Regarding the Availability , my knowledge will be next week the first copies go to the dealers and processed the pre-orders in order. The P

Thank you for the google translation of my impression - I dont use Google translation self, because I dont like Google translations, my opinion, they are not precise what really  I mean.

My next impressions I will translate self and post it to the same time.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #134 of 4,825
Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English 
I hope its a bit better now! 
k701smile.gif

AKG K812 Pro
My first impressions that can not yet be final. And, I accentuate always, these are my personal impressions without any claim to absoluteness!
High-quality packaging, covered with black cloth, hinged lid, fully molded tray, headphone stand made of laminated wood.

The essential parts of the K812 Pro headphone are made of high quality aluminum. By a gimbal mounting, the seat fits perfectly on the head shape.

The K812 Pro is designed as an open headphone. The openness is not visible on photos, because the perforated back cover is additionally covered by a fine mesh, the driver is also protected by a fine mesh. In a way, in my opinion he is closer (in terms of openness) to the legend K1000 than the K/Q7xx series without its disadvantages. Of course, with newly developed 53 mm drivers of all previous innovations (eg, magnet 1.5 Tesla, lighter coil wire, etc. ) are included with.

The pads have approximately the same inner diameter as the K/Q7xx series but are constructed differently, include the ear perfectly and closed with a kind of lip to the head. The cover of the pads is velvety, leathery (a reference to which material they use, I dont found), comfortable to wear .

Tonal the K812 Pro are best headphones I had in the house to test so far. It is in any case to be classified (ranged) over the Denon D7000 (also ranged over the Beyer T1 as I could compare this with in the pre-test ). This refers to my test of pilot run model ( AKG ) and the first hearing impressions and does not constitute a finally statement.

As I recall, he is tonal ranged over the K1000 legend. Alone, the bass of the K812 Pro ranges noticeably down much deeper . The comparison with the K1000 regard to the openness of the stage I can not reproduce, since I have no K1000 available and memories I want to leave me any way.

The K812 Pro is neutral as it should be for a studio headphones, but also relentlessly against bad recordings, errors in the recording - which indeed corresponds to the actual purpose .

The audible sensitivity - my headphone amplifier WNA MKII with 15 Ohm output impedance is the difference in volume level for K712 Pro rather low, I just have very little to regulate (direction down) to the same volume to achieve.
First impressions sound to see with caution since no burning in period.

Neutral, profound, punchier but not over emphasized bass.

Very high and fine, detailed resolution of sounds. Expansive deep bass, dry, without the boom in the mid- bass range (as sometimes occurs when Denon D7000) .

Comparisons and impressions regarding the spatial representations stage will coming soon, please be patient, I will check here some of my impressions after a few days again. Now I'm a few days so just listen and take notes. If I heard, "a block of my test pieces", I report. So far as I always did with my hearing test!
Photos will follow soon, I need to edit (examine, reduce resolution).

PS: Regarding the Availability, as far as I know,  next week the first copies go to the dealers and processed the pre-orders in order. The production in Vienna operate at full stretch. Please bear with!

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #135 of 4,825
K812 is in the house!  Unboxing/first look video will be live in a couple of hours.  Initial impressions are very positive.  This headphone is very transparent with BIG spacious sound.  I think HD800 have some real competition here.  I'm using the Lehmann Audio Linear USB amp to drive the K812.  I'll update this post with video when it is live.

Unboxing/First Look video:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back