AKG K702 or Q701 vs Sennheiser HD600 or 650 vs Fidelio X1
May 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #31 of 37
I really don't consider the K702 to be lacking in bass; with a good amp it has plenty of bass extension and presence, but you just don't have the bloated midbass that you get with a lot of other phones. Its an overall "leaner" sound, but it isn't at all tinny or weak to me. You don't get quite the fullness or musicality of other headphones with more peaky bass, but you get a ton of detail and treble energy, and that is what I like about them. You can still hear bass instruments and nothing is ever so recessed that you can't hear it (in the bass region); it is more of a tonal change.

An E07K will do fine with the K702s. Mine broke so I bought an O2 amp and it seems to do even better, but I can't A/B test it until I get the E07K repaired (which will take a while since I have to ship it to china...).
so an e11 will do it too?

May 21, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #33 of 37
Lol. Yeah I know. I have an e11... And I use it every day with k240's for around 8 hours, and then charge it at night. (I listen to SO much music its not even funny. No tv or videogames for me! :D even though I used to be a giant videogame addict. Freaking headphones pulled me into music.)actually, sometimes I just keep listening to music until 3:00 AM when my battery usually runs out on my e11. I'm not bothered at all by it. It hasn't cut out on me in the middle of the day.

May 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #34 of 37
Lol. Yeah I know. I have an e11... And I use it every day with k240's for around 8 hours, and then charge it at night. (I listen to SO much music its not even funny. No tv or videogames for me!
biggrin.gif
even though I used to be a giant videogame addict. Freaking headphones pulled me into music.)actually, sometimes I just keep listening to music until 3:00 AM when my battery usually runs out on my e11. I'm not bothered at all by it. It hasn't cut out on me in the middle of the day.

The issue with that is that lithium ion batteries lose capacity when you use them, so you will get less and less life out of that battery and I don't know if there is an easy way to replace it.

May 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #35 of 37
The issue with that is that lithium ion batteries lose capacity when you use them, so you will get less and less life out of that battery and I don't know if there is an easy way to replace it.
there's a panel on the back. Its simple to take off, and I can buy a new battery any time I want. I think I'm all set. :D http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CODL6E0/ref=mp_s_a_1_70?qid=1400723125&sr=1-70&pi=SL75 like this for example. The E11 uses Nokia Bl-5B batteries, so if you search Nokia bl-5b a bunch of batteries come up... That battery I posted has a capacity of 1600 mah, which is 700 mah more than the original battery that comes with the e11... I think I'll have to buy a few of them. They're only 6$ lol. The original 900 mah battery lasts about 10-12 hours (by my experiences.), so I'm guessing the 1600 mah battery for 6$ would last around 18-20 hours. Heeheehee. Average battery life issue: solved. Thanks for bringing up batteries or I wouldn't have seen that battery!

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #36 of 37
Regarding impedance - remember that is different from sensitivity. When switching headphones from my akg k702's to my hd600's, I don't have to adjust the volume control. Hd600 is 300 ohms & k702 is, what, 62 ohms? But the Senn is much more efficient.
i would choose senheisier 600,because its easier to drive.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #37 of 37
I have to add that Q701 is a little harder to drive than HD600. But it seems like PONO player can do the trick in balanced mode. My Q701 was moded to be driven balanced with enough juice to satisfy it's hunger. The improvement in the sound over no-balanced mode with the tube amp was immense. Now I hear what they can do, no more lacking base, highs have lost the shrill and mids are to die for, smooth and super detailed. The transition between base-mids-highs is also seamless. All it needed was  balanced mode with sufficient power (1V per channel) from PONO player. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back