AKG K702 Headband mods
Jan 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #46 of 52
I have one, and I've used it on several occasions (not on my k702 though...). Like it a lot! Especially good when working on very thick / sturdy materials. The needles that it comes with are rather thick, mind you. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #48 of 52
  Fresh out of the box I loved these things, everything was right about them, comfort was fine and they rested very lightly on the ears. Headband isn't that bad I thought...hours later I start getting a headache which gets worse and worse. Eventually I decide to call it a day and go to sleep.

Next day I'm better again and put the headphones on again, a few hours later, headache again. No, it can't be the headband.

Third day in a row? Ok I need to do something about this, these things sound too good to give up.

I remember an old thread where someone cut off the bumps (this one DOES have 8 by the way) but no way am I going to do that...better to find a way to fill in the gaps than cut out the bumps.

My first attempt has given a significant increase to comfort, and while it itself isn't specifically filling in gaps it does soften the feeling of the bumps on one's head and hopefully this way I won't be plagued by chronic headaches...

If there are any tips fellow 70x users have, I will gladly take them, if you have pictures, even better.

Here is the wool pad mod I am currently sporting (thinking of doubling up when I can find some more):

Should have used some extra thick Always pads with wings
atsmile.gif

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #52 of 52
Just prior to seeing this thread, I brought this problem to my sewing-skilled wife.  I described an elaborate fix, not unlike some suggested here, for my Q701.  Wise wife said, "I'm going to buy you one of those velcro wraps for the shoulder harness of our seat belts.  They have padding, come in colors (black please!) and since the wrap will velcro around, you'll destroy nothing about your headphone."  Then I cut one side down for fit.  

Working great, folks.  Moral of the story:  marry wisely, ask politely.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back