AKG K702 "Fields of Gold"
Sep 13, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #61 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that the K701 "stand" is anything to write home about.
confused_face.gif

However, the stand Matt (mwallace573) made based on it was quite neat:

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #62 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT880 Pro's would sound different since they clamp more. Try pressing your DT880's into your head. It changes the sound a lot.

The same holds true for the Audio-Technicas too. As good as they sound their loose fit compromises the sound to a degree. Put some pressure on them and hear the bass tighten up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO the K701's look nicer too. I don't have any other white headphones
biggrin.gif

I agree. I love the white look. Classy. Expensive. The blue 702s look good as well but lack the classy, sleek K701 visage.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #63 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that the K701 "stand" is anything to write home about.
confused_face.gif

Perhaps not. But it beats to hell and gone the stands that don't come with most other top-o-the-line cans.

Sep 13, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #64 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The blue 702s look good as well but lack the classy, sleek K701 visage.

You mean toilet seat classy? Just kidding.
biggrin.gif

But seriously, how many cans come in that color to make it "classy", I remember just one bad looking piece of crap retro can from my youth.

Sep 17, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #67 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear David,
yes - the cable from the K701 is a bit thicker and a bit more flexible. But I can't say if the wires are different or the same .....

Why makes AKG the K702? Many professionals use the K701 in studios - but "white" is not the best color and would be dirty quickly ..... and second (I think) cable broken very often in roughen day-to-day of studio-life - so the K702 was born as "twin" of the K701 ..... K701 for HighEnd home audio, K702 for professional studio life. For the AKG studio line headphones gives two cables, one straight and one a spiral-cable. All cables are 99,9% OFC.

Any update on sound differences? Bet they sound the same.

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #68 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any update on sound differences? Bet they sound the same.

I bet they do, too.

The only thing I wonder about is if "newer" parts were used and perhaps that would lend itself to some kind of refinment or differences. I certainly would be very surprised if there are any majordifferences in sound between the 701 and 702.

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #69 of 137
I currently have a K702 here and it sounds pretty much the same as i remember the K701 i had when it came out. Definitly does not have more bass.
It has big presence boost but i dont remember how much the k701 had.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #73 of 137
I recently got the 701 and loved it very much . . . and I do like the White and Silver/Chrome combination. It match with my MAC PRO and Apple Cinema Display better than the blue 702.

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #74 of 137
The K702 got a 3 page review in this months issue of "sound & recording" in germany. Besides the usual "clueless studio guys review headphones" bla bla they do have some interesting facts from AKG:
The K702 is indeed differently tuned as the K701. However they didnt mention what exactly this applies too, only that the difference is small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back