AKG K702 and iBasso D10 Cobra, have question
Aug 1, 2010 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cybertec69

Head-Fier
Hi there, this is my first post on this forum and am new to this headphone and external amps thing. I just purchased an iBasso D10 Cobra "mostly for portability, laptop and ipod-touch and HTC Incredible", I also bought a pair of AKG K702's after reading all the rave reviews, now my question is, how will these new AKG K702's fare by just plugging them directly into my Pioneer Elite SC-07 Receiver/AMP "bedroom", and my Integra DTC 9.8 preamp which is powered by an Outlaw 7x200watt Amp "living room", I mostly got the D10 Cobra for portability and to be used with my Klipsh Custom-3 ear-buds, will I hear a difference with the AKG's by using the Cobra D10 and my Pioneer SC-07 and Integra DTC 9.8.

Another question is, has anyone ever ordered anything from iBasso, since they are in China, how did the shipping go, and where you charged any extra fees once the item arrived.

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 3
To answer the question, the Cobra can drive the K701s (and by extension the K702s) decently, however it is not as good as other portable amps at driving the K701 like the RSA Mustang. But it certainly is not bad. I have not heard the Pioneer and Integra, but as full audio solutions they are surely going to have more power behind them. They may not be optimized for headphones, but they will almost certainly do a better job of driving the K701s than the Cobras can.

The K701s especially are a set of cans that need lots of power especially to get the bass to show up. I have two non-headphone amps, a Pioneer integrated amp and a vintage Marantz 1090. The Pioneer kind of sucks but it is far more capable of bringing out the K701's bass than the Cobras. The Marantz... it's like listening to a whole different headphone. It really brings out the K701's full potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back