AKG K701 Low-Fidelity Headphones ?
Mar 10, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #19 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and the box did say to . . . . expect . . . . perfection

Does that mean I get it in about 10yrs when I save up for a R10.....
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #20 of 66
lol, if the box says it then it must be true.
Imagine the man repairing the K701s at AKG, opening box after box of broken perfection. Just wondering what kind of thoughts he has about perfection..

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #23 of 66
Because i don't want them exchanged to get the same problem in 6 months. Big waste of time, money, hair etc, hate wasting btw..

The second reason is that i had the opportunity to test a pair of HD650 here on the same setup with the same recordings. The senn's performs better on the bass spectrum than the K701, lower frequency, more dynamism and details into it.

I love bass and my music collection is bass orientated.

Now that you know more , would you go for the K701 replacement or the HD650s ?

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #24 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because i don't want them exchanged to get the same problem in 6 months. Big waste of time, money, hair etc, hate wasting btw..

The second reason is that i had the opportunity to test a pair of HD650 here on the same setup with the same recordings. The senn's performs better on the bass spectrum than the K701, lower frequency, more dynamism and details into it.

I love bass and my music collection is bass orientated.

Now that you know more , would you go for the K701 replacement or the HD650s ?

I have no idea why you purchased K701 if you're looking for bass but here's my suggestion:

Get a warranty exchange, and sell K701s -> buy HD650s. That's what I recommend if you don't like them that much.

I personally had no problems with AKG K701 so IMO, it's unlikely to happen again.

Good luck!

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #25 of 66
Quote:

@TheMarchingMule

Get out of the Hi-fi context, read the title again and now read this :

One can also say that my 701 s did not show a lot of "fidelity" or "loyalty" to me because of their failure to provide a long lasting relationship..

--> fidelity - Wiktionary

My view is that your interpretation is bit too much of a stretch. An inanimate object can't show loyalty. Loyalty comes from the choice to remain commited to something or someone. Your headphones didn't choose anything.

Who would ever suggest that their headphones were committed to them?

I wonder why you are looking at the HD650 because you aren't impressed with a flaw in your K701. They are different in the way they sound. If you are only after build quality, buy a much cheaper set of any of the decent brands.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #26 of 66
Because i use AKG headphones since i'm 11 years old. They gave me complete satisfaction and loyal service for the past 17 years. I considered the HD650 before buying the K701, but this "trust" with AKG was stronger..

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #28 of 66
Quote:

Because i use AKG headphones since i'm 11 years old. They gave me complete satisfaction and loyal service for the past 17 years. I considered the HD650 before buying the K701, but this "trust" with AKG was stronger..

I trust AKG as a company, but that still doesn't mean they're perfect - They are still flaws in manufacturing no matter how good their quality control is - that's why they have warranty repair/exchange policies. Most electronic devices still have certain DOA rates, no matter how expensive the product is (unless it's produced in extremely small quantities - I think K701 sold quite a bit, perhaps around 15000 pairs?)

AKG still deliver excellent customer service for such incidents and offered to reimburse your headphones - many companies simply don't bother and they ask you to send it in - so I don't see what the problem is here.

After all, it is consumer's responsibility to choose the product that suit your needs - K701s are notorious for lean, but accurate bass - and there are other headphones in their lineup that have heavy bass; perhaps not comparable to HD650, but they try to diversify their product lineup to fill most niche in audiophile needs. You can't go to a ferrari dealer and complain that they don't have a semi truck.

To answer OP's question, I haven't heard/had such problems with K701s. - I am not completely sure, your best bet is to use search function.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #29 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My view is that your interpretation is bit too much of a stretch. An inanimate object can't show loyalty. Loyalty comes from the choice to remain commited to something or someone. Your headphones didn't choose anything.

Who would ever suggest that their headphones were committed to them?

I wonder why you are looking at the HD650 because you aren't impressed with a flaw in your K701. They are different in the way they sound. If you are only after build quality, buy a much cheaper set of any of the decent brands.

Crazy people would think things like that all the time. When someone really likes an object he will give it a name, personalty etc, imagine the rest for youself.. Is my interpretation too much of a stretch or is your mind to rigid for that last inch ? No, you understood the pun from the first time after reading the first paragraph. This title is excellent man, because you were lured by it and now you are talking with me. I am not crazy, everything was calculated
smily_headphones1.gif

I am very (negatively) impressed by a flaw in the k701s : Parts are breaking off after 6 months of use ! if that's not a flaw what is a flaw then ?
"Buy cheaper sets to get better build quality" how could i not think of it before ? after all , its only the build quality im after. Its is widely known that top of the range products have the worse build quality.

seriously, just admit you came here to flame about the title and nothing else , cause your last paragraph is full of non-sense, contradictions..

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #30 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I trust AKG as a company, but that still doesn't mean they're perfect - They are still flaws in manufacturing no matter how good their quality control is - that's why they have warranty repair/exchange policies. Most electronic devices still have certain DOA rates, no matter how expensive the product is (unless it's produced in extremely small quantities - I think K701 sold quite a bit, perhaps around 15000 pairs?)

My cans serial ° is 16981, they must have produced 20000 pairs already. From the reactions of other k701s owners, it must be a lone mistake in the production line.

AKG still deliver excellent customer service for such incidents and offered to reimburse your headphones - many companies simply don't bother and they ask you to send it in - so I don't see what the problem is here.

AKG delivers nothing , not even a simple feedback to my mail. but the retailer has a 3 year warranty on all of his product and offers to exchange or reimburse the cans. As iam a good customer they might exchange the k701 for the HD650 if i push a bit more.

After all, it is consumer's responsibility to choose the product that suit your needs - K701s are notorious for lean, but accurate bass - and there are other headphones in their lineup that have heavy bass; perhaps not comparable to HD650, but they try to diversify their product lineup to fill most niche in audiophile needs. You can't go to a ferrari dealer and complain that they don't have a semi truck.

I know it's is my responsibilty as consumer to make to right choices. But the fact that they are broken due to production mistake gives me the opportunity to undo that choice and get the cans that fit my needs. As a bass-head, what would you do ? K701 or HD650 ?

To answer OP's question, I haven't heard/had such problems with K701s. - I am not completely sure, your best bet is to use search function.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back