~AKG K618DJ~ Discussion & Review Thread
Nov 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #107 of 174
K618 has much more bass than the K167.
K167 has much more detail than the K618.

In a way, I wish the massive amount of bass stayed on the K167, but eh no headphone is perfect.  It's like they do this on purpose haha.

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #108 of 174

In a way, I wish the massive amount of bass stayed on the K167, but eh no headphone is perfect.  It's like they do this on purpose haha.

According to miow the bass opens up some after a while, if you believe in that sort of thing. Other than that, is the signature similair?

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #111 of 174
Yeah, right now, the K167 is doing everything right.
There was just too much bass on the K618 for me since I listen to metal and electronic music mostly.  If I was listening to an entire electronic/rap album, sure it would be great, but I mostly listen to music on shuffle, and when a rock or metal song comes on, that kick drum was just too overpowering.

Quote:
I assume K167 is the better headphone overall?

All these threads asking about cheap bass headphones just need to look at the K618DJ.  I think I'm one of the few people on the forum that has had them.  Maybe they are just too new and people don't want to take chances. ;/  AKG really needs to advertise more.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #112 of 174
Just looked at the AKG Facebook page and saw this poll.  Even their Coverpage is the K619, so at least people are starting to recognize it.
Looks like we are going to see an influx of K619 users, which is good for them, because I think it has the best bass quantity with decent detail at the price.  By the way, the difference from the K618 and K619 is just that the K619 comes with a built in mic and has an extra 1 meter extension cable for a little more ($99 vs 119).

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #114 of 174
Quote:

Any difference between K518 and K618? more details & less boomy?
How about K67, only cosmetic difference than K618? Or also tuned for details & less boomy than K618?

Yeah, right now, the K167 is doing everything right.
There was just too much bass on the K618 for me since I listen to metal and electronic music mostly.  If I was listening to an entire electronic/rap album, sure it would be great, but I mostly listen to music on shuffle, and when a rock or metal song comes on, that kick drum was just too overpowering.

All these threads asking about cheap bass headphones just need to look at the K618DJ.  I think I'm one of the few people on the forum that has had them.  Maybe they are just too new and people don't want to take chances. ;/  AKG really needs to advertise more.

On K518's bass bit too much on certain songs, but far better than XB500. it can tuned with EQ, still retains details & warmness.
For popular song where Beats selling so good, Lowest AKG/Tiesto will bring so much joy I think.

Just looked at the AKG Facebook page and saw this poll.  Even their Coverpage is the K619, so at least people are starting to recognize it.
Looks like we are going to see an influx of K619 users, which is good for them, because I think it has the best bass quantity with decent detail at the price.  By the way, the difference from the K618 and K619 is just that the K619 comes with a built in mic and has an extra 1 meter extension cable for a little more ($99 vs 119).

AKG Tiesto lose popularity than regular AKG? Interesting

The K618/9 vs XB500 comparisons should be starting soon.

I dont even think XB500 is the same league as AKG 

How about Shure SRH550DJ SRH750DJ?

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #115 of 174
Quote:

Any difference between K518 and K618? more details & less boomy?
How about K67, only cosmetic difference than K618? Or also tuned for details & less boomy than K618?

On K518's bass bit too much on certain songs, but far better than XB500. it can tuned with EQ, still retains details & warmness.
For popular song where Beats selling so good, Lowest AKG/Tiesto will bring so much joy I think.

AKG Tiesto lose popularity than regular AKG? Interesting

How about Shure SRH550DJ SRH750DJ?

Haven't heard the K518, although I was about to buy them a long time ago.
Haven't heard the K67.  I'm interested on if they are the same or not too.

I think some may be more cautious when someones name is attached to a product.

For whatever reason, the Shure DJ headphones aren't popular.  They haven't made many, so that would make me think they don't have experience with those type of headphones and people stay away.  I was going to bite a while back when I was in impulse buy mode, but I read that the bass overpowers the vocals, so I don't want that.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #116 of 174
Quote:
Haven't heard the K518, although I was about to buy them a long time ago.
Haven't heard the K67.  I'm interested on if they are the same or not too.

I think some may be more cautious when someones name is attached to a product.

For whatever reason, the Shure DJ headphones aren't popular.  They haven't made many, so that would make me think they don't have experience with those type of headphones and people stay away.  I was going to bite a while back when I was in impulse buy mode, but I read that the bass overpowers the vocals, so I don't want that.

Uhmmm , looking forward to AKG new line-ups then

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #117 of 174
Okay, I'm ready to buy again, but which one??
AKG K67 or K618?
Both are on ear and both are $99.

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #119 of 174
Right now I'm kinda leaning towards the K67
This is the only review I found on the K67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back