~AKG K618DJ~ Discussion & Review Thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #122 of 174
Quote:

Raw assumption, TIesto tuned for more details ala Tiesto line-ups. AKG for more raw bass prowess.

That's my assumption as well. Normally I would go with the one with the most bass, but my demand for bass is not the same as it was a year ago, and those sparkly thingy on the K67 is a bit of a turn off.

I'll probably go with the K618 since I plan to get the K267 in a few months.

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #123 of 174
Quote:
That's my assumption as well. Normally I would go with the one with the most bass, but my demand for bass is not the same as it was a year ago, and those sparkly thingy on the K67 is a bit of a turn off.

I'll probably go with the K618 since I plan to get the K267 in a few months.

slight different not by much and you cant compare $99 cans with $399 one

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #124 of 174
I decided to just wait for the K267 for my first AKG purchase, so I went with the PRO700MK2.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #126 of 174
Quote:
Recently, I haven't been posting on Head-Fi, but I thought that this might interest some people:

Tyll has the new graphs for the K619 up at Innerfideilty
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK619.pdf

Quite funny how experiences here go along with the charts nicely:
FR shows both a slight vocal boost and large increase in bass after a slight dip, and certainly could be an improvement over the Pro700MK2 for crazy Bassheads (though I can't say for sure without either graphs generated on the same system or extensive personal listening)... 

overall, this pair is fairly clean compared to most headphones near its ~$100 price-point. The somewhat-middling distortion across the audible range is disconcerting, however.

AKG leaning to have less boomy, going deep & vibrant detail for their products nowadays.
It seems on < $100 segment AKG DJ quite competitive for many years.
Sennheiser didnt do much , still fighting with old rusty HD205-ii? Come on, give me an answer

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #127 of 174
Is it worth dropping the extra $20 on these vs the K518? My main concern is durability because it seems their sound signature's are quite similar

Is there any other place to order these from Canada other than razordogdeals' ebay? UPS slammed me with customs and brokerage fees last time I ordered internationally through UPS

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #128 of 174
can only comment on build quality: the k518 are a lot more sturdy than the k618. the hollow plastic headband will easily crack when bended. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #132 of 174
Hope this would not be considered as hijack of the 618 thread =P

I'm typing this listening to the K67..........I've seen everywhere people asking for comparison between K618 and K167.......

While I haven't listened to K167 since the demos are not in yet, I dun think the K167 would make a good comparison with K618 because IT IS A MUCH BIGGER BEAST. It may not be apparent from the pictures but it is HUGE. On the other hand the K67 is about the same size as the K618 and it is reasonable to assume that it is indeed designed based on the K618. Do take note that the K67 is a noticeably bulkier package than the predecessors - K450, K518 etc, though not a big deal. The radius of K167 is about that of the K181 while the enclosures measures quite a lot thicker than the K181, which renders it a good bit less suitable for portable use.

I loved the K518s (NOT 618), and now the K67 is one complete step up from the 518s. Much better coherence between the frequency range is the key - one big gripe I have (probably the only one as well) against the K518 were the huge gap between the mid-bass and the mids, with the lower mids missing altogether, which caused some vocals and accoustic instruments sound unnatural. The K67 is a bassy can, but not overly so and got a great balance and good coherence across the board, and even the extremes are nicely extended despite being slightly (only slightly) on the dark side of neutral. And despite the clearly elevated bass, there is adequate low bass to balance out the mid bass so no obvious mid bass hump.

If the 618s are anything like the K67 then it's probably very good~~

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #133 of 174
Is it worth dropping the extra $20 on these vs the K518? My main concern is durability because it seems their sound signature's are quite similar

Is there any other place to order these from Canada other than razordogdeals' ebay? UPS slammed me with customs and brokerage fees last time I ordered internationally through UPS

I had akg k518dj and now I am interested in akg k619, so I would like to know if k619 has less or more bass than k518.

Thank you for any replies.

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #135 of 174
Actually I had k518dj and they were perfect, but they weren't so comfortable and don't have iphone controls, so I bought Solo's HD. But bass on Solo's is worse than on k518 and treble is to loud, so I wasn't very satisfied with them and i sold them. Now i need to buy something new and k619 looks perfect for me, I just hope that k619 have at least the same bass as k518. I also hope, that they are better than Solo HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back