~AKG K618DJ~ Discussion & Review Thread
Oct 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #78 of 174
That's the first time I see any1 saying pro700mk2 having a lot treble, the 618 DJs have to be superdark  sounding as PRO700MK2 according to experienced listeners already say PRO700MK2 is on the quite far dark side of neutral.

Dark? No way, the TMA-1 or Studio, now that is dark.

Also forgot to upload a size comparison pic.
1350577603153.jpg

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #81 of 174
Quote:
Wow. I really do like the design direction AKG is going recently- the K550, the K495NC's, K3003, and now these. 

Hope they sound as good as they look. I'm still waiting on a new AKG flagship... the K/Q70X just don't cut it these days anymore.

Yeah if anyone can do it AKG can. Though the Harmon influence seems to be more concentrated on the media player trends for now.

Also there is still a massive need for "midfi" (hate this term but you know what I mean) as a step up from peoples first headphones. And the fact that the K/Q's are still competetive below $1000. They've proven to be one of the best headphones ever!

However, you can always improve on something and it would be nice to see a new flagship to compete with the hifimans etc

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #82 of 174
My sis has them now and she says "THEY'RE AMAZING!!". She said they were comfortable, until you try to wear them with glasses. She has smaller ears or head than me, so the hinge didn't bother her.

I'm actually going to buy one for myself in a bit. I will remove the hinge and glue it so that it no longer folds inward. Then sand every edge smooth with a Dremel. The sound was that good enough for me and I would still choose it over the TMA-1, TMA-1 Studio, and PRO700MK2. It's even half the price!

I would like to see a comparison of the K618Dj vs XB500 or other bassy headphones under $99.. The K618DJ could be the new budget bass king.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #84 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFULMTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-Electric Guitars - 

1350577603153.jpg

wow do those ever look like     crap omg  
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #85 of 174
I just realized the K618 profile looks like a turntable. Was this on purpose because it was aimed toward DJs?

I'll have to look at some Bust Buys to see if they have an XB500 out. Also, I can tell you that the K618 is better than the Sony MDR-V55 in every way for the same price.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #86 of 174
now that you've mentioned it. yes, yes it is.
can't believe I didn't notice that
Quote:
My sis has them now and she says "THEY'RE AMAZING!!". She said they were comfortable, until you try to wear them with glasses. She has smaller ears or head than me, so the hinge didn't bother her.
I'm actually going to buy one for myself in a bit. I will remove the hinge and glue it so that it no longer folds inward. Then sand every edge smooth with a Dremel. The sound was that good enough for me and I would still choose it over the TMA-1, TMA-1 Studio, and PRO700MK2. It's even half the price!
I would like to see a comparison of the K618Dj vs XB500 or other bassy headphones under $99.. The K618DJ could be the new budget bass king.

that's great news, now if only someone would buy one for me.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #89 of 174
Recently bought a couple of K619, which is the K618 but with integrated mic/controls for handling calls on the iPhone. I'm pretty happy with the sound and comfort of the headphones, however, I found one thing with the design that really, really annoys me; the jack/connection on the cable is so thick, that there is no chance it will fit into your iPhone if you have a bumper or shell on! In fact, it is thicker than the iPhone 5 itself! This means I have to add yet another cable in between. Which I have to carry around, and connect each time...

Now what made me mad was I contacted Harman and told them about this. Their response was first to ask me where I was located. After answering that, their reply was to contact Apple to solve this issue (!).

There you go....

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #90 of 174
Ouch! I was planning on getting these to use with my iPhone 5 if reviews were favourable (and they finally get released in the UK). I've got a bumper type case on, although it does have pretty much the whole of the bottom cut out so I may be ok.

Fantastic advice there Harman, fit an excessively large jack and expect the manufacturers of the devices it won't work with to fix the issue :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back