AKG K361/K371
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #886 of 1,294
How about sound quality? Who has much better audio quality between the two? Which do you enjoy more when listening to music?
They are very similar, I don't think I have a real preference to be honest, I generally just pick one based on isolation needs, If I'm home alone and it's quiet, I use my HD560S, if the kids are bouncing around making noise I'll wear my K371's

May 3, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #888 of 1,294
both of the AKG models I had my ears would easily get hot in them, especially during the summer Time and I probably attribute that to the type of padding being used
It's not about the pads. It's about the sound. I don't know why but they fatigue me.

I bought them because I borrowed them from a friend and like them a lot. But mine seems more clear, crisp and more aggressive.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #890 of 1,294
I bought the K371 completely on a whim while "window shopping" on Amazon. I had heard mixed reviews about them - so was planning on trying them and returning them if I didn't like them.

Unexpectedly, I think I am in love with them. I don't think I've ever put a more comfortable pair of headphones on my head. The fit is perfect. I also like the sound signature.

May 15, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #891 of 1,294
i just ordered some akg 361

extra bass gives me a headache, so i figured the 361 will be better then the 371 for me

i just sold a pair of audio technica sr50 wired becasue they had recessed mids. sounded great when i raised the mids a bit in the eq though

i thnk this harman curve crap has gone way too far. i prefer neutral

May 28, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #892 of 1,294
8khz definitely needs to be reduced by about 30% on the 361's

the default sound on the 361 sucks. the 8khz treble spike makes them harsh. the bass and mids sound hollow

lowering 8khz in the EQ helps even them out alot. the bass and mids come back to life

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #893 of 1,294
8khz definitely needs to be reduced by about 30% on the 361's

the default sound on the 361 sucks. the 8khz treble spike makes them harsh. the bass and mids sound hollow

lowering 8khz in the EQ helps even them out alot. the bass and mids come back to life
crap I hated about 361's too, like I can't even listen to them nowadays because of how thin and lifeless they kinda sound due to that hollowed out sound (Dynamics are effected too). 371's may be a "slight" improvement but it made my listening experience significantly better and didn't realize how the harsh treble messed up the sound so much

May 29, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #894 of 1,294
crap I hated about 361's too, like I can't even listen to them nowadays because of how thin and lifeless they kinda sound due to that hollowed out sound (Dynamics are effected too). 371's may be a "slight" improvement but it made my listening experience significantly better and didn't realize how the harsh treble messed up the sound so much

just do like i said and EQ that treble spike down about 30%

it allows the bass and mids to come in

i think the treble spike is somewhere around 8khz, but be careful because i think there is a big dip in the sound signature before that. so u dont want to eq that dip even lower

you could also boost around 64khz about 15% to give the bass a bit more punch if u want

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #895 of 1,294
I just bought the new revision of the k361. Now they come with plastic shells that prevent the deformation of the earpads in the box. The mechanism of the headband is well firm. The store didn't have the eventual 2021 revision of the k371: can anyone confirm that the loose headband issue is now fixed?
Tried the updated K361 in a store, the headband looked visually redesigned and the clicks were very tactile. I haven't heard of a updated K371 yet. I got rid of mine and keeping an eye on the upcoming JBL Tune 710.
E2f3q-Bw-VIAE1-M4h.jpg

Jun 15, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #896 of 1,294
Are there instructions or suggestions on how to remove/replace the earpads of the K371, or perhaps even a how-to VDO? If so, are there any recommendations for replacement pads for these (ex. would brainwavz hm5 work?). I can't seem to find any mounting mechanisms or attachment rings on them, and am afraid to randomly start pulling on the edges. I really love the K371 but the earpads are a weak point for me 1. the leatherette moves around if I adjust them on my head as if they are loose fitting on the foam 2. I live in a hot humid country, which means I don't think the pads will last very long based on experience with previous cans.

Jun 15, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #900 of 1,294
i find the akg 361 and 371 are good for bigger heads and bigger ears

my sony h.ear on 1 fit better on my smaller ears
I kinda feel you on this, I have smaller pointy ears and find the fit to be little not "secure" if you know what I mean, plus the gap where the bass could space. With that being said I enjoy the fit of k371 more than k361, the added weight slightly helps imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back