AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Aug 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,246 of 4,058
Quote:
Oh, don't know why I got the impression...
confused.gif

No worries, I only knew because he'd posted in two other threads saying he'd auditioned several TOTL universals, one of which was the K3003.

BTW, I'd have never expected anyone to mention "The Night Before", a terribly underrated Beatles song (always loved it myself!).

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #1,247 of 4,058
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, don't know why I got the impression...
confused.gif

No worries, I only knew because he'd posted in two other threads saying he'd auditioned several TOTL universals, one of which was the K3003.

BTW, I'd have never expected anyone to mention "The Night Before", a terribly underrated Beatles song (always loved it myself!).

Couldn't agree with you more!

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,248 of 4,058
I just purchased AKG K3003 at ebay. The seller says it was opened but never listened to. I guess I'll be able to tell if it is real or not after listening to it but is there such thing as fake AKG K3003 going around and is there a way to verify if this is a real one?

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,249 of 4,058
Quote:
I just purchased AKG K3003 at ebay. The seller says it was opened but never listened to. I guess I'll be able to tell if it is real or not after listening to it but is there such thing as fake AKG K3003 going around and is there a way to verify if this is a real one?

If it sounds amazing, it's fake. It's real if it sounds terrible.

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,251 of 4,058
Also I purchased Japanese imported Sony NW-F807. I was thinking of using AK K3003 directly from the device when I'm commuting to/from work. I don't like the idea of carrying another device (portable DAC) when I'm going to work. Do you think it would make a big difference between using portable DAC and listening directly from Sony F807? I heard the sound of F807 was really good.... That's why I decided to take the plunge. Let me know. Thanks!

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #1,253 of 4,058
Can't wait to be visually arrested by that sweet, opulent packaging later on. You guys think I can fool chicks into thinkin that the AKG case is a fine grain leather money clip from Fossil or something? Maybe if I stuck a few wads of bills in there? Nah I'm kiddin, I'm flat out broke after this

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #1,254 of 4,058
Quote:
Can't wait to be visually arrested by that sweet, opulent packaging later on. You guys think I can fool chicks into thinkin that the AKG case is a fine grain leather money clip from Fossil or something? Maybe if I stuck a few wads of bills in there? Nah I'm kiddin, I'm flat out broke after this

Nah, most hot chicks can smell that you bought it second hand. That severely brings down it's C.A.F (chick attracting factor). 

You'll be limited to Miley Cyrus type chicks.

Miley-Cyrus-performance-at-MTV-VMA-2013-2223057.jpg

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #1,256 of 4,058
Gonna flip that 1K into a grand's worth of shutter shades, air force ones and Beats headphones. I demand a certain level of twerk-age from my ladies and Miley's got the shake and bake of a busted up Whirlpool dryer. No deal

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,257 of 4,058
Quote:
Gonna flip that 1K into a grand's worth of shutter shades, air force ones and Beats headphones. I demand a certain level of twerk-age from my ladies and Miley's got the shake and bake of a busted up Whirlpool dryer. No deal

With only $1G? you're pretty ambitious. That would be 2 Beats, one eye's worth of shades, and a shoelace from an air force one.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #1,258 of 4,058
In the last few days I've come across a few posts where some people have been discussing the quality of treble, and one of the IEMs being praised for that—shock horror!—was the Total Musical Turd, aka the King of Incoherence, an IEM also known as the AKG K3003. One of these people seems to almost have a fixation with the tonality of treble, and I have to admit he's got me thinking about just that, the tonality of treble.

So, I've been listening to my K3003s for an hour or so, and on comes this track… and something suddenly kinda clicks with that person's near obsession with, er, yes, the tonality of treble. So, here's that track where the K3003's treble tonality is unparalleled to these grumpy ageing sparrow's ears:  http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Reckoner/2DqJQb?src=5

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #1,259 of 4,058
The K3K is just an exemplary phone. I was telling someone else the other day that I hope V-Sonic can clone its performance just so that its SQ is more widely available to those who can't afford the K3K. I am just smitten with this gilded Musical Turd. Pretty late to the party, but I'm gonna see if I can't get over this honeymoon period to see whether I can find... Something to complain about before I post impressions. Those who keep in touch with me, however, know that this phone has practically cured me of upgraditis :D

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #1,260 of 4,058
Guys... I may betray the fellowship of the K3003... I think I prefer the SE846 over them 
evil_smiley.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back