AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Aug 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #1,261 of 4,058
Quote:
Guys... I may betray the fellowship of the K3003... I think I prefer the SE846 over them 
evil_smiley.gif

That's perfectly cool (bolded text) and, if I may add, if people only knew just how good the FitEar Parterre is... all I know is my K3003 & Parterre will not be sold anytime soon (not fully convinced previously by the FitEar TG334 or F111).

(And no, I won't post any K3003 & Parterre comparisons or answer any Parterre questions publicly or privately—a bit too lazy, to be perfectly honest—, but suffice to say they are quite simply the best IEMs I've ever heard, both quite similar yet different enough for me to decide to keep both)

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,262 of 4,058
Quote:

That's perfectly cool (bolded text) and, if I may add, if people only knew just how good the FitEar Parterre is... all I know is my K3003 & Parterre will not be sold anytime soon (not fully convinced previously by the FitEar TG334 or F111).

(And no, I won't post any K3003 & Parterre comparisons or answer any Parterre questions publicly or privately—a bit too lazy, to be perfectly honest—, but suffice to say they are quite simply the best IEMs I've ever heard, both quite similar yet different enough for me to decide to keep both)

So you're saying you prefer the parterre to the K3003? I'll have to try them! I think you should try the 846, I wasn't expecting much from them, but turns out Shure did a good job.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #1,263 of 4,058
Quote:
So you're saying you prefer the parterre to the K3003?

No, and I don't know which I'd choose, TBH, if I was forced to choose one. The Parterre is the only IEM in one year and eight months that has rivalled my K3003s sonically.

Quote:
I think you should try the 846, I wasn't expecting much from them, but turns out Shure did a good job.

I'd like to, and I am indeed curious, but for a number of reasons not that curious, but I do know for a fact I will be trying them at some point.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #1,265 of 4,058
No, and I don't know which I'd choose, TBH, if I was forced to choose one. The Parterre is the only IEM in one year and eight months that has rivalled my K3003s sonically.

I'd like to, and I am indeed curious, but for a number of reasons not that curious, but I do know for a fact I will be trying them at some point.

Aha cheers man, your humor is the best!

Also, sorry to inform you; you won't get the babes with the SE846 as much as the AKG!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #1,270 of 4,058
Just got mine today ... love them!

Beautiful iem, they match my Submariner black and stainless steel watch LOL

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #1,271 of 4,058
Hi guys, do AKG still produce k3003 model, no 'i' version, i have been looking anywhere, all local stores only have k3003i version (they stock twice, but AKG keep sending the k3003i version) , and amazon, razordog only k3003i available, i suspect AKG only produce k3003i now.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,272 of 4,058
Hi guys, do AKG still produce k3003 model, no 'i' version, i have been looking anywhere, all local stores only have k3003i version (they stock twice, but AKG keep sending the k3003i version) , and amazon, razordog only k3003i available, i suspect AKG only produce k3003i now.

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/AKG-K3003-No-Remote-Ear-Canal-Headphones

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #1,274 of 4,058
Guaranteed success with the hottest babes and a free genuine Rolex watch… and, to this day, I keep scratching my head as to why the K3003s have never been that popular / FOTM. Guess there are many more so-called serious audiophiles than I thought and people who truly care about music and art than about what is known as 'the lowest common denominator'. Long live hot chicks, expensive watches, cars, motorbikes and the K3003s, I say!

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,275 of 4,058
Ok I've been saying it for a week now, but I'll be making a proper comparison between the SE846 and K3003i's either tomorrow or thursday. I'm really torn between which sounds best to me, as they are quite different. If I go purely on sound and accuracy of it, the AKG may well be the better reference still.

Will get back to you guys with pics and opinions.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back