AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Oct 13, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #3,661 of 4,058
Hmmm...  are you sure that they are fake and not the newer ones that are being manufactured in china ?

My Box has an Indented AKG logo, and the drivers also look different, but my serial number is in the late 27 thousands.

The Harman Kardon logo is also closer to the bottom, but my logo has te copyrighted (r) on it.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #3,662 of 4,058
Yes, the new ones are made in china. Counterfiet company can very easy to source the packaging from the same oem manufacturer.

However Akg should not change the driver, i found a few media showing the original driver photo is different. We need AKG to confirm whether they have updated the driver, or just the serial number is suffice to justify whether the item genuine

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #3,663 of 4,058
like moths to a flame... the k3003 has been manufactured in china for a couple of years at least. a more accurate indication can be found earlier in the thread if you're prepared to trawl for it.

the k3003 can be subject to change without notification from the manufacturer - just like any other product.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #3,664 of 4,058
I just called AKG, and they told me that tons of different versions exist, for different countries and that the AKG logo can either be indented or on a piece of leather. AKG never came across a fake pair, however, they did ask me to send mine in.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #3,666 of 4,058
  Well I am comparing the k 3003 to my friends Mometum, and the K3003 sound far superior but the bass is way more pronounced.
I might send them in to AKG just to be sure.

Hi again!  If AKG does find that they are in fact counterfeit you can have them send a letter stating such to ebay along with proof that they have been destroyed.  Then ebay will refund you the entire amount paid.  They would then charge the seller and possibly suspend his or her ebay account if it is a one off instance or if it they have done it multiple times they would basically ban the seller for life.  Ebay requires that a letter from the manufacturer stating the item was indeed counterfeit and proof of the destruction of said item.  I know a lot of people on here have said the K3003 is very neutral so you could possibly have a counterfeit.  Especially at that price used or not.  Remember if a deal is to good to be true it probably is.  Many people have said the bass is not boomy in this thread so I would suggest sending them to AKG for testing.  I know there are a lot of fakes out there of all high end headphones and earphones.  Then follow ebay's procedure for getting a refund.

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #3,667 of 4,058
Hiya!, my Pair just arrived, and to be quite honest it took me some time until the AKGs made me warp out of reality, they seem very very bassy. but also tremendously beautiful with Jazz and Rock, but overall im quite dissapointed for some reason, the just don´t deliver the same quality as my T1s do, and their harsh highs will definetely need some psychological Burn-In.
Is it normal that the K 3003s sound really bassy, up to a point where it sounds bloated?
I never used proper inears before, just a pair of Kz.Ates, which had even more bloated bass.

Is it normal that Inears sound so different? or could this be a counterfeit Product? especially since my Leathercase looks differrent (its more square shaped than to the reviewd units which had a more rounded shape, the rest looks exactly the same.)

Overall im quite Impressed with their Tank-Like built and how they cover up the Noisefloor on my Fiio e 18.

What can I do about the bloated and weird bass, should I take Eqing in consideration ?
Or should i just wait until my head gets used to the bass?

Btw their clarity is amazing on some tracks... its just the bass that bothers me...

(Purchased New for 398 Dollars from a Private Seller on Ebay.!)
is it that you have the bass filters in the earphones? Just a suggestion..

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #3,669 of 4,058
Tried these out, and found them massively underwhelming for their price. They may have been great when they were release, but now there are so many twfk hybrids that cost more than half their price, with similar sound quality. For example dunu 2kj, I basso IT03 etc. Im not exaggerating when i say i have a Chinese twfk hybrid which cost 150usd (less than 7 times its price), sound very very similar as they are tuned in almost the same way (except that mine have lesser of the twfk harshness in the highs), and use the exact same 3 filters (the filters come from the same factory). In fact, Ifind the 3003s the worse twfk hybrids (I've llistened to them all) due to their peaky highs which are undampened

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #3,670 of 4,058
the k3003 has been around for a few years so it's not surprising that there are several more earphone options available, offering a similar design approach and level of performance which cost less nowadays. that doesn't diminish its reputation for being one of the first (if not the first) totl hybrid earphone introduced to the market, or the listening enjoyment that it's given me and countless other owners over the years. it remains my endgame earphone and i've owned/auditioned several totl models prior to the k3003. so yeah, it was a pioneering earphone from akg which paved the way for others to follow and perhaps improve upon.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #3,671 of 4,058
One thing you need to remember people buy AKG is their QC. Engineering sample from china is different to final retail version.
Ebay is just an optional platform to play with your luck, with some kind of buyer protection.

However as Harman closed down AKG Austria platform, whether the legend in innovation and the diva vocal still remains in future is a question.(hello NEW K260k 701, k601)
Speaking newer product surpass old product, I still havent seen any product surpass ex1000 or ie800. These are non sound isolate but they are beast.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3,672 of 4,058
I spoke to AKG about a month or two ago on thier facebook page asking if they're ever going to try and top the K3003. They said they're definitely working on something but such an upgrade takes time.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #3,673 of 4,058
i had K3003 and moved on/up since

if you can find one for 500$ it's a good price , but it's too overpirced at 1000-1200$ imho

the NT6 i own now, really wipe them out - completely on another level no contest whatsoever (but it's a custom so maybe the comparisons are not fair)

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #3,674 of 4,058
Tried these out, and found them massively underwhelming for their price. They may have been great when they were release, but now there are so many twfk hybrids that cost more than half their price, with similar sound quality. For example dunu 2kj, I basso IT03 etc. Im not exaggerating when i say i have a Chinese twfk hybrid which cost 150usd (less than 7 times its price), sound very very similar as they are tuned in almost the same way (except that mine have lesser of the twfk harshness in the highs), and use the exact same 3 filters (the filters come from the same factory). In fact, Ifind the 3003s the worse twfk hybrids (I've llistened to them all) due to their peaky highs which are undampened

Well I believe that the moment I see measurements of better TWFK treble than the K3003's.
wink.gif

Don't know about the K3003 unit you tried, but to this day AKG's (or better: Knowles') custom tuned TWFKs for the K3003 remain the least resonant / peaky TWFK implementation I've heard. I've had the D2KJ, they're excellent IEMs and at eye level with the K3003 in many ways, but their TWFKs sound (and measure) slightly less refined. I'm all for better performance at less cost, but when it comes to TWFK hybrids, I remain skeptic until won over by measurements or A/B listening comparison.

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #3,675 of 4,058
i had K3003 and moved on/up since

if you can find one for 500$ it's a good price , but it's too overpirced at 1000-1200$ imho

the NT6 i own now, really wipe them out - completely on another level no contest whatsoever (but it's a custom so maybe the comparisons are not fair)

I'm selling mine for that price. Mint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back