AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Sep 3, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #3,286 of 4,058
Cheers mate
smily_headphones1.gif
i hope u get ur paír soon. These thing make my M50x and asg 1+ sound so-so now
frown.gif

inevitable i suppose. Glad ur enjoying ur's. I guess mine will arrive Monday or so (hopefully). I have imparted the cash, so it's a waiting game now...

I'm keenly interested to hear how transparent they are. I love that about great loudspeakers; when the sound just floats around and bears no relation to the speakers themselves. I think they call that "sound stage" or something :wink: - I'm hoping for a significant improvement over my Grado GR10s

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #3,287 of 4,058
Cheers mate
smily_headphones1.gif
i hope u get ur paír soon. These thing make my M50x and asg 1+ sound so-so now
frown.gif

sell them 
tongue.gif
 , that's what i did with my re262/600/272

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #3,288 of 4,058
Hey nice impressions guys. I am in a bigger conundrum after buying the AKGs. I am trying to find a backup/daily driver IEM that can offer a sound signature that is close to the AKGs but not as expensive so that I can use them on my subway ride to work. My 3003s stay at home. I just can't satisfy myself. My current IEM collection includes Shure SE 215, Klipsch S4, Harman NI and OM Audio Inearpeace.I was hoping the OM Audio ones would come close but they are too bassy. I guess it's touch to match the AKGs.

Sep 3, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #3,291 of 4,058
Congrats to all the new owners. The K3003 is fantastic. I'm enjoying mine a lot. Fell in love with it last year and felt like it was easily a class or two above the SE846/IE800/W60. Now she plays with my Layla like best friends haha.

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #3,292 of 4,058
Hey nice impressions guys. I am in a bigger conundrum after buying the AKGs. I am trying to find a backup/daily driver IEM that can offer a sound signature that is close to the AKGs but not as expensive so that I can use them on my subway ride to work. My 3003s stay at home. I just can't satisfy myself. My current IEM collection includes Shure SE 215, Klipsch S4, Harman NI and OM Audio Inearpeace.I was hoping the OM Audio ones would come close but they are too bassy. I guess it's touch to match the AKGs.

The $60 Ostry KC06 are pretty good "poor man's K3003s" imo. However, their isolation is rather low.

Other options include the $200 VE Duke and the $300 DUNU 2000J, both of which isolate better than the KC06. They're a bit spikier / sharper than the K3003 in treble though, which can be mitigated with third party tips on the former and a simple mod on the latter.

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #3,293 of 4,058
The $60 Ostry KC06 are pretty good "poor man's K3003s" imo. However, their isolation is rather low.

Other options include the $200 VE Duke and the $300 DUNU 2000J, both of which isolate better than the KC06. They're a bit spikier / sharper than the K3003 in treble though, which can be mitigated with third party tips on the former and a simple mod on the latter.

Keep an eye out for the 'Hyperdynamic Transducer' this is an iem which will likely be sold by Jaben Singapore. It's tuned to sound like the k3003 and it most certainly does. I heard it at canjam UK 2015. Given that it's meant to retail around $200 it should be a steal. Heres a photo which shows (very badly) the comparison graph between the 2 as well as the pre-production units themselves.

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #3,295 of 4,058

Havi B3 Pro 1 buddy if u like wide soundstage iem. Never thought an $80 iem sounds that good :)

Sep 4, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #3,296 of 4,058

Keep an eye out for the 'Hyperdynamic Transducer' this is an iem which will likely be sold by Jaben Singapore. It's tuned to sound like the k3003 and it most certainly does. I heard it at canjam UK 2015. Given that it's meant to retail around $200 it should be a steal. Heres a photo which shows (very badly) the comparison graph between the 2 as well as the pre-production units themselves.

Havi B3 Pro 1 buddy if u like wide soundstage iem. Never thought an $80 iem sounds that good :)

I appreciate all the responses. I will try to give k06s and Havi b3 a shot, as they are cheaper and will fit my use case.

Cheers. I love my AKGs though.

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #3,297 of 4,058

Thanks for the heads-up. Looking at that photo in full size, they seem to graph quite differently (up to ~7db) in the upper mids. Did you notice that during your A/B comparison?

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #3,298 of 4,058
Thanks for the heads-up. Looking at that photo in full size, they seem to graph quite differently (up to ~7db) in the upper mids. Did you notice that during your A/B comparison?

Didn't notice, although it was a quick comparison in a fairly noisy environment with unfamiliar tips. However the general signature was eerily close and I could tell there and then that I want a set of these. I also bought a set of the tips that were attached (spin fits) and I'm loving those on the k3003, best I've tried to date.

I also am waiting on a pair of custom 'snugs' to be delivered, those should be the ultimate tips but we'll see.

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #3,299 of 4,058
anyone here who has paired his K3003 with the ZX2 , impressions ?

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #3,300 of 4,058
I also bought a set of the tips that were attached (spin fits) and I'm loving those on the k3003, best I've tried to date.

Personally I don't like the Spinfits at all (the Japanese Sarounbi version, haven't heard the other ones). Their bore is narrow compared to stock tips' in the first place, plus they have an inner constriction that makes them even narrower. Each to their own, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back