AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Jan 25, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2,147 of 4,058
Jan 25, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #2,148 of 4,058
it will probably only affect the weight/fit , the drivers are the key parts here i think sound-wise

yep the new aluminium model will definitely be lighter in weight. it's also a softer metal so the housings mightn't be as durable.

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2,149 of 4,058
besides the stock tips , do you guys have any other tips that work best with the K3003 ?

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #2,152 of 4,058
It has probably been asked .but does anyone know how these sound compared to the roxannes?

If it indeed has been asked in this thread you can easily find the posts by clicking "Search This Thread" at the top of each page. Or, use Google. Simply type K3003 vs Roxanne, or, would you like me to do it for you? 
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #2,154 of 4,058
  If it indeed has been asked in this thread you can easily find the posts by clicking "Search This Thread" at the top of each page.

i didn't know this and it is very helpful (i am looking now this thread regarding my previous question on tips)

thanx a lot for the heads-up

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #2,158 of 4,058
It has probably been asked .but does anyone know how these sound compared to the roxannes?

I can offer some insight here, since I just picked up the K3003i after having the Roxanne CIEM for a few months.

If you want a reference sound, don't bother with the Roxanne.  At first listen, the K3003i sounded bright compared to the Roxanne.  The truth is, the Roxanne does not have a wide soundstage compared to the K3003i, and they also greatly emphasize the midrange presentation, making the soundstage feel even smaller.  The only thing I like about my Roxanne is their strangely thick and full-bodied sound (similar to a bigger set of headphones), and that they have a non-fatiguing sound for any music you throw at them.  However, the Roxanne is not crystal clear in resolving details like the K3003i is, so they sound like a set of mid-fi or upper mid-fi headphones at best.  It feels like JH tried very hard to make their BA driver Roxanne sound as much like a dynamic driver IEM as possible, with none of the thin sounding characteristics and harshness sometimes associated with BA drivers.  In that regard, they succeeded, but the level of details in the treble and bass became alot less textured and detailed as a result.  The Roxanne is always smooth sounding, BUT it lacks emotion that even my $350 Sony EX1000 has in spades.  In many ways, the K3003i made me think that I spent too much on a set of CIEM that is not terribly special for its price.  

Initially, I was having second thoughts about the K3003i, but the more I listen to them, the more I enjoy them and the more I felt that my Roxanne was mostly money wasted!  These AKGs sound quite similar to my HD800 with their expansive soundstage and dynamic range, until I go ahead to grab them from my head and realize that they are not full-sized headphones.  IMO the K3003i pairs well with a darker source or amp, since the treble extension could be too much for some tracks.  I really enjoy these IEMs, but wish that they had a detachable cable and none of that silly inline remote (small quirks).

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #2,159 of 4,058
as i am becoming more and more of a bass person, i thought i might ask this. does the k3003 have similar bass or less than ie800? also, considering that i must pay around 50% more for k3003 than ie800, how better is k3003?

i know that this has been discused, and i already read it, i needed a new insight, not recomandations to search, i already read every review posted for both.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #2,160 of 4,058
  as i am becoming more and more of a bass person, i thought i might ask this. does the k3003 have similar bass or less than ie800? also, considering that i must pay around 50% more for k3003 than ie800, how better is k3003?

i know that this has been discused, and i already read it, i needed a new insight, not recomandations to search, i already read every review posted for both.

The IE800 are more v-shaped than the K3003 with reference filters, particularly their upper mids are more pushed back. Hence their bass sounds more boosted over the midrange compared to the K3003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back