AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Jul 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #631 of 4,058
Quote:
Are they still the best universal IEMs you have ever listened to ?  

Hi there I am completely new to this forum, recently got a pair of AKG K3003 and have been so impressed by them. By far the best IEMs I have ever heard! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #634 of 4,058
I should get my 3003's on Monday and am very excited to use them.

Any new information about where we can resource tips? I've read so much about them I can't remember where I
read that Shure's tips will fit.  I have plenty of those owning 530 and 535s. I hope the triple 'tree' flange tip will work
as I think those would be best for sound isolation. i will be using these 99% on airplanes.

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #638 of 4,058
Any wide bore tips will fit. I liked the Meelec biflange and triple flange tips. Same size that fits the a161p and m11. I also had good luck with Hifiman biflanges. But if you just want single flange, the stock tips are great.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #639 of 4,058
Quote:
Any wide bore tips will fit. I liked the Meelec biflange and triple flange tips. Same size that fits the a161p and m11. I also had good luck with Hifiman biflanges. But if you just want single flange, the stock tips are great.

Thank you Shane for the info. Tracking says the 3003 will be delivered on Tuesday. Can't wait to give them
a try. I'll check out the stock tips and see how well the isolate before deciding.
For years I used the stock triple flange that came with the Shure's and they worked well, although my ears became itchy sometimes. Last 6 months I've been using the black softer medium stock tips ('olives' I think they are referred to as) and after a few hours use they seem to be as isolating as the flanges.

I found your review of the 3003 very informative and thorough....

Did you wear them around the ear or straight in?

Have you heard anyone make mention of sound changing as they are used more?

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #640 of 4,058
hii i am intrested to by them, i want to know i anyone found a best stor online to by them , and what is the best price that i can get ?
i tried to find that info in the thread , but dont have solid info on that .
thanks a lot to anyone that help

Aug 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #641 of 4,058
Well, just finished repacking the 3003s and will send back today. FOR ME; doing a quick comparison between the Shure 535s Bronze and these over three songs, simulating the setting I will use them in the most (airplane with hum of engines and other background sounds), I liked the Shure's better. IMHO and untrained ear, I liked the sound of the Shure's over the 3003s as well as the isolation. It is just as some of you said, if we use the Shure's as 100% isolation....the AKG's are about 80-85%.

I have taken the advise from several Head-FIers and have Westone 4Rs on the way from Earphone Solutions. They arrive tomorrow. I am excited to try these and hope they are a step up in SQ from the 535s. I have not doubt the isolation will be at lest equal.

I really wanted to love the 3003s. Yesterday, in attempt to that end, I sent PMs to a bunch of you. Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) to all for taking the time to answer me both PM and in the threads.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #642 of 4,058
Well I guess if it comes to isolation and sound quality you could get custom IEMs for the price. I know that you minded custom tips etc. but my honest opinion is that it'll offer best sound vs. isolation vs price ratio. Don't get me wrong but there are only a few universals which can actually match custom IEMs in terms of SQ

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #643 of 4,058
To get the best out of the akg 3003i you need a alo dac/amp combo, i have been testing these headphones out for the shop and they sound even better than jh16 with crystal piccolino cable.. you need some good kit for them to hear them at their best..p.s i have got an hifiman hm801 and ultimate ears 18s with crystal piccolino cable and the dx100 with jh16 and crystal piccolino cable and a cowon j3 with adl cruise dac/amp with shure s535 le with solid silver dream cable,a alo dac/headphone amp combo with akg 3003i sounds much better than any of them like reference speakers with balanced sound and a controlled bass!

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #644 of 4,058
Total newbie to this forum looking for some help.(Only my third post)

I have been really enjoying the AKG K3003 for slightly more than a month now.
Was wondering if there are any definite upgrades in terms of universal IEMs.
When I moved from the apple standard earbuds to Denon AH-C751 there was quite a noticeable improvement.
Moving from those to the AKGs was ever more astounding, I was almost moved to tears listening to the AKGs the first time.
Was wondering if there are any other upgrade options, that would yield a similar improvement in sonic presentation
as moving from the Denons to the AKGs.

So far, I have in searching for an upgrade, auditioned the FI-BA-SS, FitEar ToGo 111 and the Final Audio Design Piano Forte X-G.
Interestingly the AKGs sound the best to my ears, even though the Piano Forte X-G was definitely more pricy.
Any help would be appreciated. I use my earphones with either a macbook air of a iPhone 4S, playing songs bought from the iTune Store. Thanks again and please be gentle with this newbie.

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #645 of 4,058
Quote:
Total newbie to this forum looking for some help.(Only my third post)

I have been really enjoying the AKG K3003 for slightly more than a month now.
Was wondering if there are any definite upgrades in terms of universal IEMs.
When I moved from the apple standard earbuds to Denon AH-C751 there was quite a noticeable improvement.
Moving from those to the AKGs was ever more astounding, I was almost moved to tears listening to the AKGs the first time.
Was wondering if there are any other upgrade options, that would yield a similar improvement in sonic presentation
as moving from the Denons to the AKGs.

So far, I have in searching for an upgrade, auditioned the FI-BA-SS, FitEar ToGo 111 and the Final Audio Design Piano Forte X-G.
Interestingly the AKGs sound the best to my ears, even though the Piano Forte X-G was definitely more pricy.
Any help would be appreciated. I use my earphones with either a macbook air of a iPhone 4S, playing songs bought from the iTune Store. Thanks again and please be gentle with this newbie.

You should look at the alo dac/amp combo and keep the akg's you won't find better at the moment so don't even try!That's the algoRythm solo dac and rxmk3-b headphone amp  www.aloaudio.com/cypher-labs-algorhythm-solo-black-pre-order www.aloaudio.com/ p.s the iphone doesn't do them justice, get the better dac/amp combo and use your phone to make calls and let the dac of the solo and amp show you what the akg's can really do! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back