AKG k272 anything like it?
Dec 27, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 18
yes, no problem.  you can find some info by doing a search.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
of all the headphones i've owned and currently own, if i had to pick only one to live with, my K271mkII would be the one.  do yourselves a favor and roll some Beyer pads in place of the stock velours.  i'm currently using a pair of black dyed pads from Larry at Headphile - they look identical to the DT880 pads but black.  i have a pair of DT770 pads on backorder to compare as well.  the opening of the pads are larger than the stock velours and soundstage gets near K702.  they have a more delicate and forgiving sound than the K702 and sacrifice very little.

No kidding?  Damn, I'll order some DT770 pads.  I needs bass and isolation, as they are my current work phones.  I preferred the K271 vinyl pads over the velour.  I think the velour took away parts of the bass.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Quote:
of all the headphones i've owned and currently own, if i had to pick only one to live with, my K271mkII would be the one.  do yourselves a favor and roll some Beyer pads in place of the stock velours.  i'm currently using a pair of black dyed pads from Larry at Headphile - they look identical to the DT880 pads but black.  i have a pair of DT770 pads on backorder to compare as well.  the opening of the pads are larger than the stock velours and soundstage gets near K702.  they have a more delicate and forgiving sound than the K702 and sacrifice very little.

No kidding?  Damn, I'll order some DT770 pads.  I needs bass and isolation, as they are my current work phones.  I preferred the K271 vinyl pads over the velour.  I think the velour took away parts of the bass.

i know HFier "nickchen" did a comparison with the other Beyer pads.  he preferred the Headphile pads.  i haven't tried the DT770 pads, but they don't have the vent holes like the DT880.  YMMV

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/456799/heavily-modded-k271

the bass is definitely improved.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back