AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Nov 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #31 of 1,152
I ended up keeping my order, so no problem. I am looking forward to these more than I was for my M-100's. I did a little chart listing out the positives, negatives, and other notes for the K267's, M-100's, and my previous ATH-M50, and as long as the AKG has better sound than my Audio Technica ATH-M50's on at least one of its settings, in good with it.

Gaaaah, December can't come fast enough.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #32 of 1,152
remember though premium material doesnt necessarily mean premium build quality

sort of like smartphones my parents own, one is a htc with metal body, other is a samsung with plastic body
the htc phone is crap in the build quality department- i rather take the plastic any day

i am excited for the akg though!
looking at the posted pre orders, $350 is not too bad

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #34 of 1,152
Quote:
remember though premium material doesnt necessarily mean premium build quality
sort of like smartphones my parents own, one is a htc with metal body, other is a samsung with plastic body
the htc phone is crap in the build quality department- i rather take the plastic any day
i am excited for the akg though!
looking at the posted pre orders, $350 is not too bad

That's only if you live overseas. US peeps can get them for circa $300

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #38 of 1,152
Quote:
I had a chance to directly compare the 167's with the 550's and the 167's sounded like the 550's with more (better?) bass. If you like the the 550's but think they sound too bass light , then the 167's and possibly the 267's will be for you.

That sounds VERY promissing. Perhaps these are indeed based on K550's sound (same drivers?) tweaked to provide more bass. While the cups are quite different it's still relatively similar in the sense it's round and rather shallow.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #39 of 1,152
Quote:

That sounds VERY promissing. Perhaps these are indeed based on K550's sound (same drivers?) tweaked to provide more bass.

I like that news too - but the K267's use an adjustable bass chamber, as well as 50mm (2") drivers, rather than the K167's 40mm drivers. If anything, the K267 uses the exact same driver as the K550's, and the K167 just sounds better.

Either way, it's promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back