1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by brsxignition, Nov 1, 2012.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. BRSxIgnition
    I ended up keeping my order, so no problem. I am looking forward to these more than I was for my M-100's. I did a little chart listing out the positives, negatives, and other notes for the K267's, M-100's, and my previous ATH-M50, and as long as the AKG has better sound than my Audio Technica ATH-M50's on at least one of its settings, in good with it.

Gaaaah, December can't come fast enough.

2. fuzzyash
    remember though premium material doesnt necessarily mean premium build quality

sort of like smartphones my parents own, one is a htc with metal body, other is a samsung with plastic body
    the htc phone is crap in the build quality department- i rather take the plastic any day

i am excited for the akg though!
    looking at the posted pre orders, $350 is not too bad

3. roma101
    sub'd

4. 329161
    Quote:
    That's only if you live overseas. US peeps can get them for circa $300

5. BRSxIgnition
    Quote:
    I'd love to see where you got that price. I got them at around $310 after a 10% off coupon at Front End Audio. 

6. 329161
  7. BRSxIgnition
  8. RPGWiZaRD
    Quote:

That sounds VERY promissing. Perhaps these are indeed based on K550's sound (same drivers?) tweaked to provide more bass. While the cups are quite different it's still relatively similar in the sense it's round and rather shallow.

9. BRSxIgnition
    Quote:
    I like that news too - but the K267's use an adjustable bass chamber, as well as 50mm (2") drivers, rather than the K167's 40mm drivers. If anything, the K267 uses the exact same driver as the K550's, and the K167 just sounds better.

Either way, it's promising.

10. sam1907
    Would these be any good using a fairly good portable source (one x)

11. 329161
    Quote:

I auditioned them with my Voodooed Galaxy S. Volume was fine. Got a great sound out of that with these hp's.

12. BRSxIgnition
    Quote:
    I have to ask - how was the build quality of the K167 vs. the K550? I assume the K267 will be better than that, since it's heavier, uses aluminium, and more padded.

13. fuzzyash
  14. HiFiGuy528
    Is it actually in-stock and ready to ship?

15. fuzzyash

nope they're pre orders
    i believe late december they will ship

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last