AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Oct 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #1,021 of 1,152
If these drop some in price I may pick up a pair. I love my k167 with an amp. Very clear with a great tight bass. I just wish they were more durable.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #1,022 of 1,152
I've had these for a week now and just realized that they are not very well balanced, e.g. the right one sounds more like open type, compared to the left one. Also when I look closely I can see difference in the black circular material around the switch for the "stage/club/studio" modes. The difference is obvious in the paint for the labels below the switch. I played some mono music and there's also difference in the sound. The serial number is 003xxxx...

Not good first time impression. Now I have to return them. Has anyone here experienced similar issues?

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,023 of 1,152
can anyone tell me where you buy that orange replacement cable from please.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #1,025 of 1,152
Ok, I just got the replacement headphones from the store. No issues so far. Both knobs work just fine and there is no difference in the noise cancellation between the two. Finally I can listen to some music :)

Dec 28, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #1,027 of 1,152
Hello there,

I just wanna let you know that my 3rd pair of K267 broke a week ago. 

Again they broke on the same side, but this time it was not just above the hinge as before but it was in the beginning of the dotted plastic.

I can provide pictures if someone is interested on 1st or 2nd January.

I am pretty much done with these headphones.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #1,029 of 1,152
  Hello there,

Again they broke on the same side, but this time it was not just above the hinge as before but it was in the beginning of the dotted plastic.

on a fixed revision one?! would like to see pic :xf_eek:

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,030 of 1,152
Yes the pair that broke is from the "fixed" revision.  This probably explains why it broke in a different place.

I am currently not at home and once get back I will share pictures.

Just for the record I've used them 5-6 hours a week tops, for around 1 year and 2 months. 
Also 2 pairs of the first revision broke before them. 
Maybe it is flawed design or my head is too big, I do not know anymore.

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #1,032 of 1,152
  Hello there,

hi Sh3p1...did you keep track of the serial numbers by any chance? 3 pairs broken...what were the serial numbers?

i just purchased the K267. my serial number is 0054xx. im fairly concerned i was sold an "old" pre-revision pair, as some state on here that the serial numbers go up into the 9000's and it seems mine are around the 5000....im scared, very scared.

i noticed however that another person on this forum posted a pic of their K267 hinge and it says "Designed in Austria". My hinge says "Designed in Austria" and below on the other part of the hinge it says "Made in China (P.R.C)". this seems to be different as the previous posters hinge is missing the whole China line. i wonder if this is a clear indicator of a different version?

here are both the previous posters pic and my K267 hinge pic together:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2f8w29e59q9x3ij/AACp-vQuWr9TL5Y2bM4Wu68Aa?dl=0

if you have rock-solid K267's please post your serial number range. lets try and narrow down the problem.

many thanks!
BlackoutHiFi

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #1,033 of 1,152
Hello BlackoutHiFi,

I am currently abroad and do not have access to the K267. I will be back in about a week and I think I have written down the serial numbers for all 3 pairs of headphones.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #1,035 of 1,152
UPDATE: i requested from AKG what the serial number is for the "revision" version so i do not purchase the faulty ones...and they were cagey and would not give me a serial number? they just said "if you purchase one of these from one of our authorised on-sellers there will be no issues".

i think this attempt to avoid the question is really suspicious. what gives? whats so hard about letting the customer know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back