AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 13, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #992 of 1,152

No. The outer casing is metal, the arm appears to be metal, and part of the outside hinge is metal I think. but the inner folding thing of the hinge is plastic and the headband is plastic, with a metal inlay.

From some pictures I saw last time the broken place is where the plastic extenders  join to the top of the earcup.
Of all the places why can't they place metal there, like beyerdynamic?

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #994 of 1,152
This headphone seems to fit a lot of my wants but I was concerned about the durability so I contacted Harman/AKG about it. Their respose was a little vague. They said they were having a problem with the plastic breaking at one of the joints and that it has been improved. It would have been nice to get a little more detail about what they did to improve it.

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #995 of 1,152
So over the past few weeks it has gotten some use again and decided to crap out on me, or is going to anyway: (the other one had a thing with the hinge screw getting loose).

As awesome as they sound the construction is a turd. Any idea by DYI'ers to limit the problem before it falls apart?

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #996 of 1,152
Not sure if this is old news, but I emailed AKG support today about the hinge issue and this is the reply I got:

Yes…improvement in material/hinges have been made on all of our Tiesto headphones.

Thanks, RAFAEL ULLOA
AKG/Crown Microphone Technical Customer Support
HARMAN Professional

Can anyone verify that recently-purchased Tiesto headphones have more durable hinges?

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #999 of 1,152
İt is a stupid question but I have to ask somebody , can I use that headphone in my studio? mastering , mixing  etc...

and I always listen to electronic music for example trance music ...  

you know sennheiser created the new dj seriees which is hd8 dj

summerrize

which one I should buy   SENNHEISER HD8 DJ  or   AKG K267 TIESTO 

please tell me which one and why?

I am not professional but I love electronic music and mixing music 

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,000 of 1,152
Had the Tiestos for a while and tbh, wasn't really sold on them, crappy design and build quality, the thing just felt cheaply made. Sound was good but not great for the asking price.  

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,001 of 1,152
Wehey got a new one :) compared to the old one the key difference seems to be slightly different curvature of the headband coupled with a substantially lighter clamp for the first few centimetres spreading them apart to put on your head.

The end result is just enough to be considered a secure fit. I think it brnefits comfort for longer sessions...

But the main reason they did this was to lower the inward pressure on the plastic inlay above the hinge IMO.

The plastic itself seems the same, only the adjustment notches in the plastic seem smaller.

Anyway I hope that with the lighter clamp the stress on the plastic is reduced to a point where the quality issue is resolved. :)

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,002 of 1,152
  which one I should buy   SENNHEISER HD8 DJ  or   AKG K267 TIESTO 

please tell me which one and why?

I am not professional but I love electronic music and mixing music 

from memory of trying HD8 DJ in store I was not impressed, to me K267 is more neutral even at max bass setting and has better highs. (somewhat below ATHM50X which is the only other headphone I have right now, but still not recessed).

May 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #1,004 of 1,152

These two were battling it out on the couch today. Turns out the Tiestos eat Modas for breakfast lunch and dinner.
biggrin.gif

I mean the M100 is super-awesome as is, it sounds as confident and stylish as it looks, but the K267 has more detail in bass, mids, treble, sounds more natural, snappier across the frequency range and has better stage, and is more comfortable.

The M100 tank however remains unphased by the tiestos tissue paper build. (but so far so good, this one has been holding up).

I still think these cans need more attention, I fear some regard them as some celeb endorsed underperforming beats-like gimmick, but they are truly great in terms of sound. Underrated IMO!

EDIT: OK, sources make a difference, M100 catches up somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back