AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jul 15, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #1,051 of 1,152
sounds like a reputable dealer which is good chailee. But for ANY dealer to say they are not seeing problems with the K-267s would be crazy and a downright lie. They ALL know about this problem and have seen a flurry of returns.

latest indication is that the new/fixed versions of the k-267s are from serials 5000 onwards or so, that have the correct spec plastic used, but that seems to change with every post and every breakage...looks like Yardstick's just broke and his are serial 6xxx so it seems like the new "yardstick" is 6000 onwards that is safe...

please everyone post your serial number and if you have problems with your phones...lets try and get to the bottom of what is a safe serial to purchase...

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #1,052 of 1,152
  sounds like a reputable dealer which is good chailee. But for ANY dealer to say they are not seeing problems with the K-267s would be crazy and a downright lie. They ALL know about this problem and have seen a flurry of returns.

latest indication is that the new/fixed versions of the k-267s are from serials 5000 onwards or so, that have the correct spec plastic used, but that seems to change with every post and every breakage...looks like Yardstick's just broke and his are serial 6xxx so it seems like the new "yardstick" is 6000 onwards that is safe...

please everyone post your serial number and if you have problems with your phones...lets try and get to the bottom of what is a safe serial to purchase...

Yeh it could be just due to lack of sales, these things cost around $600-$700 retail locally which i think is very expensive and i cant imagine many people paying that for them. I got them on sale for $350 which is much more reasonable and should be their normal price.

Jul 15, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #1,053 of 1,152
I bought these not long ago for AUD$249 (~185US) from http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore/AKG-K267-Tiesto-Professional-DJ-Headphones.aspx They're $255 now

I don't care if these are "grey import" I refuse to be ripped off.

Still $700 at minidisc and $750 at A2A. 

Btw they sound fantastic, better than DT770pro LE and HD8DJ in every way imo.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,054 of 1,152
I bought these not long ago for AUD$249 (~185US) from http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore/AKG-K267-Tiesto-Professional-DJ-Headphones.aspx They're $255 now

I don't care if these are "grey import" I refuse to be ripped off.

Still $700 at minidisc and $750 at A2A. 

Btw they sound fantastic, better than DT770pro LE and HD8DJ in every way imo.

I'd actually forgotten about that website, I'm quite happy with the $350 price from storedj. Yeh it's been hard finding a neutralish sounding closed headphone that sounds good and fits me well. I've tried pretty much everything. My current headphone the sennheiser hd6 is the best I have found so far although I'm not completely satisfied with the sound. Hopefully the k267 will be the answer and hopefully they don't break :D

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1,055 of 1,152
I know Juno in the UK is selling old ones. I just received a 0030XX from them with the old hinge/band. Hopefully AKG still honors the warranty when they break. If not I might be doing some rebuilding. Anybody know where I could find an aftermarket headphone band by itself to modify?

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #1,058 of 1,152
I'd actually forgotten about that website, I'm quite happy with the $350 price from storedj. Yeh it's been hard finding a neutralish sounding closed headphone that sounds good and fits me well. I've tried pretty much everything. My current headphone the sennheiser hd6 is the best I have found so far although I'm not completely satisfied with the sound. Hopefully the k267 will be the answer and hopefully they don't break
biggrin.gif

I'd actually pay $100 extra for a "fixed" version :D I'll try to be really careful so they don't break.

I think you'll like how they sound. Adjustable bass feature works really well.

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #1,059 of 1,152
  I'd actually pay $100 extra for a "fixed" version :D I'll try to be really careful so they don't break.

I think you'll like how they sound. Adjustable bass feature works really well.

Yeh when i demoed them i was very impressed by the sound and the adjustable bass dial, the differences in bass levels didnt seem as pronounced as the beyerdynamic custom one pro but overall it had a more balanced sound, the beyers were a bit too dark for my tastes.

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,060 of 1,152
if its any consolation silverbox, mine haven't cracked (yet) or shown any signs of problems...yet (after 4 months) but I have only used them in my room and treated them like they were made from tissue paper hehe

two things I don't do, is fold them up and open and up and open. I just leave them open.

and secondly I slip them on my head. I don't pull them wide open like some exercise machine and then let them fly on my head. so the plan is ...as little stress as possible on those swivel joints. of course for an expensive DJ headphone it should be well able to handle such behavior but we all know in this case its gonna end in tears if you blindly plough on with that kinda treatment

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #1,062 of 1,152
Been listening to these for a couple of hours and so far i find myself liking them more than the custom one pro. I find the cop's top end a little too subdued at times, the k267 is almost spot on when it comes to being lively without being harsh or sibilant. The cop punches harder at max bass port settings although i find it too much to bear at those levels for any extended listening, the k267 is much more controlled at its max (stage) setting although there are times i wish it had a little more impact. Overall i find the bass levels quite satisfying and find myself using the club or stage setting most of the time, the studio setting is too anaemic sounding for my tastes. The soundstage sounds a bit small and closed in but i find that also makes music sound more intimate at times which can be a good thing. I think my only gripe at the moment is with the build, i noticed the right swivel mechanism is much tighter than the left, its so tight it does not adjust itself when on my head i have to take them off and manually twist it to find the right setting. I'll have to try manually twisting it often to see if i can loosen it up. The pads are also a touch shallow i'm going to try putting some material  in between the pad and driver to create a bit more depth.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,063 of 1,152
heya chailee, yeah amazing headphones aren't they.

I have the problem that everything sounds good on them ! so if I use them for mixing in my DAW late at night so I don't wake up others with my EDM kick drum, I find it hard to get a good balance of top end. the K267s are just so clean and sweet it blows me away.

listening to Pink Floyd on vinyl with these just makes me gush. the gf walked in the other day on me and said "why do you keep swearing out loud" and I said "because im hearing stuff for the first time ive never heard before with these headphones!"

thanks for the serial number update. youre in the 7xxx range...nearly nudging 8xxx. theres been no reports of faulty headphones in that range....so far....that's good news.

anyone had a 7xxx pair break on them?

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,065 of 1,152
Has anyone opened up a set of K267s to see what the drivers and other internals look like? I was comparing Innerfidelity graphs of the K267 and K550 and they have a lot of similarities. I'm wondering if I can get my 550s sounding more like the 267s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back