AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Sep 21, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #1,081 of 1,152
I just ordered these today, and am very new to this scene.  I couldn't tell u the difference between an audiophiles good set of cans or a can of paint, but i did recently purchase these and am wondering do I need to get a portable amp or not? 

I don't know if i am a bass head or not, but i do like my fair share of hip hop and edm (daft punk is edm right?)  who knows.  I just would like to hear good music that sounds great however i read these were 32ohms.  From other articles I've read you dont exactly need amps for under 32ohms. 

Since I'm so new to all of this i figured i would get my feet wet with these instead of m50x (everyone always raves about their bass)

tl;dr

If i want to really hear bass, do i need to purchase some sort of amp? portable or otherwise, if so ... suggestions - ty
tl;dr no you dont need one.

Should you get one? Depends what audio source youre using and audio file quality youre using. Will it help ? Or will you benefit? Hell yea. If you can afford to fork out an extra $100-$150. Do it. From what ive read tho that club mode gives 7 db extra low end bass. So itll be good. But as far as 32 ohms. Itll be at a decent volume. But it wont be loud.

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,082 of 1,152
tl;dr no you dont need one.

Should you get one? Depends what audio source youre using and audio file quality youre using. Will it help ? Or will you benefit? Hell yea. If you can afford to fork out an extra $100-$150. Do it. From what ive read tho that club mode gives 7 db extra low end bass. So itll be good. But as far as 32 ohms. Itll be at a decent volume. But it wont be loud.

Thanks,  I guess for the most part its playback source will be iphone/laptop (real quality players ikr...) but maybe ill start dumping more money into these hobby later on.  Craft beer got old for me so I do have $100 or so laying around to pick up an amp if need be.  I'm just trying to get nice sound from nice headphones but not be the guy with beats haha

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #1,084 of 1,152
Hi, all you money-havers. Would I be any form of correct in saying the AKG 267 Tiesto is much like a lightly upgraded M50?

I have yet to try it (recently joined the drop for $125), but my guess would be the upgrade will be more than just 'slightly.' The M50 is an overrated headphone, to me. Good $80-$100, but not worth it's retail price.

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,086 of 1,152
Thank you, Change is Good. I'm glad to hear that.
Can I get feedback from maybe one more person who has heard this headphone? I have about 24 hours to make a decision for the Massdrop deal.
I should mention what I have:
E17 and Sennheiser HD598. I love my 598's for progressive, alternative and psychedelic rock, however, I realized that I'd really love a pair of phones for some electric music listening, which I find myself doing more and more often. I also wanted to try a closed pair of headphones, because I am in college and often cannot use my 598's due to the open design. One year ago, I convinced my brother to buy M50x's, out of curiosity admittedly, because I had debated buying them as my first pair, but instead (rightly) chose the 598's. I really enjoy the sound the M50x's produce when amped by an E17, in particular electric music. So, what I'd really like to know, is this:
Does the K267 perform as well as the M50x's, and does it have as good or better low-bass reproduction? I need a little "pow" to factor in to the flatness of my 598's 
beyersmile.png
. Also love me that low-bass beat, which might be important. I understand these are no Vmoda M100's, but I hope they can get the job well done. 
Thank you for anyone who takes the time to write. 

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #1,087 of 1,152
Can I get feedback from maybe one more person who has heard this headphone? I have about 24 hours to make a decision for the Massdrop deal.
E17 and Sennheiser HD598. I love my 598's for progressive, alternative and psychedelic rock, however, I realized that I'd really love a pair of phones for some electric music listening, which I find myself doing more and more often. I also wanted to try a closed pair of headphones, because I am in college and often cannot use my 598's due to the open design. One year ago, I convinced my brother to buy M50x's, out of curiosity admittedly, because I had debated buying them as my first pair, but instead (rightly) chose the 598's. I really enjoy the sound the M50x's produce when amped by an E17, in particular electric music. So, what I'd really like to know, is this:
Does the K267 perform as well as the M50x's, and does it have as good or better low-bass reproduction? I need a little "pow" to factor in to the flatness of my 598's :beyersmile: . Also love me that low-bass beat, which might be important. I understand these are no Vmoda M100's, but I hope they can get the job well done. 

Try checking out this review, if you haven't already.

https://youtu.be/H17OebWK-Zk

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,088 of 1,152
Does the K267 perform as well as the M50x's, and does it have as good or better low-bass reproduction? I need a little "pow" to factor in to the flatness of my 598's 
beyersmile.png
. Also love me that low-bass beat, which might be important. I understand these are no Vmoda M100's, but I hope they can get the job well done. 

They're not basshead cans at all and the bass is not as emphasized as the m50x. They're quite balanced sounding overall with a bit of emphasis down low when set to stage mode. Amping them does give the bass a bit more kick compared to pluggin them straight into a mobile device. The mids probably standout the most, very smooth and natural sounding, perhaps a touch forward. Upper mids and treble is smoothed off somewhat making them very easy to listen to with no harshness or sibilance. Overall very good for fatigue free, musical enjoyment, if you've heard the akg k550 or similar then these have a similar sound. The only possible downside is comfort as the pads are a little shallow so it can be quite a snug fit for bigger ears.

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #1,090 of 1,152
Try checking out this review, if you haven't already.

https://youtu.be/H17OebWK-Zk

I have yes, thank you! I've done as much research as I could regarding the model, but it seems that there isn't an abundance of information surrounding this pair. It is a good review, I just wish he would maybe compare it to M50's or M100's even.

They're not basshead cans at all and the bass is not as emphasized as the m50x. They're quite balanced sounding overall with a bit of emphasis down low when set to stage mode. Amping them does give the bass a bit more kick compared to pluggin them straight into a mobile device. The mids probably standout the most, very smooth and natural sounding, perhaps a touch forward. Upper mids and treble is smoothed off somewhat making them very easy to listen to with no harshness or sibilance. Overall very good for fatigue free, musical enjoyment, if you've heard the akg k550 or similar then these have a similar sound. The only possible downside is comfort as the pads are a little shallow so it can be quite a snug fit for bigger ears.

Thank you! Yes, this is a pretty good indication of what I'm looking for. If I baby the hell out of my headphones, like always, and I get a model with the reinforced material, do you think the phones will hold up just fine? 

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,092 of 1,152
  I have yes, thank you! I've done as much research as I could regarding the model, but it seems that there isn't an abundance of information surrounding this pair. It is a good review, I just wish he would maybe compare it to M50's or M100's even.
Thank you! Yes, this is a pretty good indication of what I'm looking for. If I baby the hell out of my headphones, like always, and I get a model with the reinforced material, do you think the phones will hold up just fine? 

I would say if used only for home listening they'll hold up just fine, being carried around and constantly folded/unfolded they may not hold up so well. The hinges look fairly complex with a lot of moving parts, the swivel part that attaches directly to the earcup feels quite solid and the plastic hinge that has broken for some people seems sturdy enough, the swivel mechanism between those two parts that allows the earcup to swivel horizontally does not feel so solid to me. The one on the left side of my pair has developed a bit of a gap and from what i can see it doesnt fill me with a lot of confidence. I'm just glad these came with a 24 month warranty
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #1,093 of 1,152
Hey chailee80, I was wondering if your 267's have a kind of bump or mound-like area where the old models were braking? My 267's came with a product number well in the clear, but they don't have that bump. Kind of worried. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back