AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 3, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #1,112 of 1,152
Subscribed, interested to see how these perform.

This thread is not usually very active, 

I'll give my quick impressions:

Very balanced sound signature,
Very smooth for an AKG,
Adjustable bass that works albeit the difference can be a little subtle but is definitely audible,
Very open sounding with decent sound stage and separation for a closed-back,
There has been quality control problems in the past and presently still very controversial, I haven't found any issues with mine.

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,113 of 1,152
This thread is not usually very active, 

I'll give my quick impressions:

Very balanced sound signature,
Very smooth for an AKG,
Adjustable bass that works albeit the difference can be a little subtle but is definitely audible,
Very open sounding with decent sound stage and separation for a closed-back,
There has been quality control problems in the past and presently still very controversial, I haven't found any issues with mine.

Thanks for the info mate. I'm debating on grabbing a pair to check them out, sounds like they might be worth a shot. While they most likely won't be on my nightly rock out sessions seems they might be a nice "travel" pair or something to keep in the office.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #1,114 of 1,152
my girlfriend got these for me for xmas, Im really overjoyed with them as I loved how they looked since their release but I couldn't bring myself to buy another pair of headphones. They sound polite and refined.. I guess some call this balanced, the bass switch is very subtle, but I can tell the difference and prefer the bassiest setting.

If they don't break I will be very happy.

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,117 of 1,152
Hi guys, massdrop has b stock k267 available with 1 year warranty. For 125$

1) is This same deal as previous massdrop deal?
2) bstock means old stock with breakable hinges?
3) wat was serial number on previous massdrop deal?
4) how does alg handle warranty? Only via retailer or van u Go Straight to akg Germany ?

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #1,118 of 1,152
Hi guys, massdrop has b stock k267 available with 1 year warranty. For 125$

1) is This same deal as previous massdrop deal?
2) bstock means old stock with breakable hinges?
3) wat was serial number on previous massdrop deal?
4) how does alg handle warranty? Only via retailer or van u Go Straight to akg Germany ?

Yes it is the same deal as the previous drop
I believe the they are called bstock due to these not getting the upcoming updated packaging
I think the mass drop serial is the higher numbers/new serial.
You would likely go to the local akg

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #1,121 of 1,152
  So some previous posts said that the isolation is bad, but others said that it is good and InnerFidelity measures it as about the same as the K550.  Any verdict about this yet?

It's decent, if you're walking down the street with cars you'll definitely hear noises, but it blocks out enough to listen to music comfortably without cranking up the volume.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #1,122 of 1,152
Drop on Massdrop makes it so appealing, wanted to grab a pair for a bit now but been nervous due to all construction flaws that seemed to be plaguing them. Might go for it with such a good price though.

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #1,123 of 1,152
I jumped in early on the k167, but the non-detachable cable makes them difficult for portable use.  Looking for something over-the-ear to use while traveling.  Any thoughts on the 167 vs 267?  Either of those vs. the m-100?  Currently have the M-80 too but it's on on-ear and isn't really practical for using on the plane.

Jan 16, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #1,124 of 1,152
To my ears the K267 have considerably clearer mids and more textured bass, and less top end treble peakyness at higher volumes than the M100. (both have sparkle) I also found the K267 to be much more comfortable than the M100. The M100 however is the better built headphone, strong headband, the shields are cool, and V-Moda is generally a likeable company.

and the k267 isolates better than the M100. (for a DJ orientated headphone the M100 isolates poorly IMO).

The M100's bass is like a fat guy in a corset, it's all kept in place but rather thick. With the XL Pads it loses control though. I really didn't think it was any good with the XL pads.

K267 is more dynamic and versatile and can integrate with more types of music.

The K267 is more toe tapping instead of head bobbing like the M100, if that makes any sense.

For the massdrop price I think it is a better headphone for music listening.

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,125 of 1,152
  To my ears the K267 have considerably clearer mids and more textured bass, and less top end treble peakyness at higher volumes than the M100. (both have sparkle) I also found the K267 to be much more comfortable than the M100. The M100 however is the better built headphone, strong headband, the shields are cool, and V-Moda is generally a likeable company.

and the k267 isolates better than the M100. (for a DJ orientated headphone the M100 isolates poorly IMO).

The M100's bass is like a fat guy in a corset, it's all kept in place but rather thick. With the XL Pads it loses control though. I really didn't think it was any good with the XL pads.

K267 is more dynamic and versatile and can integrate with more types of music.

The K267 is more toe tapping instead of head bobbing like the M100, if that makes any sense.

For the massdrop price I think it is a better headphone for music listening.

Thanks for that.  The K167 would be OK if it weren't for the coiled cable and the fact that they look kind of dumb.  Like the fold-flat design, transports better than some smaller headphones for that reason alone.  M-100 definitely wins on looks and durability.  I also have the UE-6000--and though they collapse well, they're not great for putting on and taking off easily.  Good to know about the XL pads and the isolation issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back