AKG K240 looking for amp help
Dec 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #16 of 21
The differences between all of these will honestly be pretty minimal unless you've spent a lot of time with varying audio gear and know specifically what to listen for (an aspect which can equally increase or decrease your enjoyment of the music, so enter at your own risk). All the iBasso products cover a particular niche...

T3/T4: ultra portable amp, no dac, cheap
D2: tiny portable dac/amp, relatively cheap
D2+: upgrade over D2 which is no longer available
D4: bigger dac/amp, 9V batteries, more headroom (ie: volume/power)
D10: bigger yet dac/amp, optical/coax
D12: big brother to D10, dual dac
P4: really powerful amp, no dac

...and so on and so on. Pick the one within your budget and requirements, then stop worrying over details and enjoy the music.

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
imho, D10 maybe with a better DACS in it, but I'll report back when I get my D2+, I also plan to get K702's eventually when I get the cash too, D10 and D2+ are damn tiny (for what they do) I paid around $199 + shipping, still waiting on tracking number though...

did you get the amp? does it drive the K240 Mk II with authority?

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #21 of 21

Quote:

Quote:
imho, D10 maybe with a better DACS in it, but I'll report back when I get my D2+, I also plan to get K702's eventually when I get the cash too, D10 and D2+ are damn tiny (for what they do) I paid around $199 + shipping, still waiting on tracking number though...

did you get the amp? does it drive the K240 Mk II with authority?

yeah dude got it few days back still busy burning it in but does them justice, although the amp is alittle bass light for my standards but the gain helps with more solid bass but still a bit weak but that could be the headphones as the akg's are know for not being bass heavy, but otherwise its good, if you've never owned a decent amp, I have a proper Hi-Fi amp here powering my rear sound, 2x15" with 2x3" tweeters and 2x8" with 2x1" cone tweeters, The headphone amps are on about the same level besides the fact the hifi amp has a much higher tolerance to ohms too, aswell the bass is much more evident on it, it goes f'ing loud with 55 ohms it will destroy most headsets, but the D2+ is quiet good it only sound better the more you use it after burn in, planing to get M-audio Q40's they're alot more bassey than the 240's but going to take my d2+ with me when I have listen at local dealer.
Overall the D2+ has very good response on detail, I listen to Metal though to Drum and bass (non of the dubstep rubbish), Trance, Classical (Steve Reich..etc) ambient...not going to list it all like I said it can only get better the more I use was so happy after 240's burnt in nicely didn't handle bass so well in the beginning but now its alot better but, although I did have to turn the volume knob pretty high to get to my optimized listening but its not bad for little amp like this, its really tiny :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back