AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 22, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #107 of 1,489
How good the AKG Tiesto lineups K67 K167 K267 compared to the old offering (K518 & K181) and other competitors (V-Moda, AIAIAI TMA1, Shure 750DJ 550DJ)??

Do they still retain tight , hard hitting bass?

thanks in advance

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #108 of 1,489
There's no comparison to the K181. A "just bass  bass bass" can, to a very detailed, refined can worthing $300 sound wise.

The TMA1's are way too dark and don't have these levels of detail/resolution. They're really good for the price though, but are no competition for the K167s.

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #113 of 1,489
Quote:
So, why does the specs mention:
Cable 1.2 – 5.5 m (3.9 – 18.0 ft) coiled cable
http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/psfile/datei/82/k167_tiest50489973397e0.pdf

That's how they usually specify length of a coiled cable, relaxed and fully stretched. :) as you see it only says "coiled cable" afterwards. I don't like coiled that much when sitting at the comp only but yea I can easily exchange it if needed, the cable feels so clumsy when it's coiled and haning over the table end in the air it adds to the weight of the headphone quite a bit.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #116 of 1,489
Quote:
These phones have the best treble I've heard. Period. If you're a jazz lover, these are for you.

Seems like they did a bad choice of marketing to market these as DJ headphones, many people will overlook them for that reason even if they could have been a very nice option for people looking for a more balanced experience typically for jazz, blues, orchestra, acoustic music etc.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #118 of 1,489
Quote:

Seems like they did a bad choice of marketing to market these as DJ headphones, many people will overlook them for that reason even if they could have been a very nice option for people looking for a more balanced experience typically for jazz, blues, orchestra, acoustic music etc.

Yeah, I totaly agree. Concerning bass and just to clarify (after 24 hours burn-in) they have plenty of bass, but not overwhelming or boosted. They are definitely a balanced can for audiophiles, with very good bass, that offers impressive detail and outstanding treble.
Quote:
Hi guys, After a lot of searching i couldn't seem to find any actual reviews. are there any you know of?

Not yet. Just my impressions and alpha10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back